Econfina Saturday and Today

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tod

Econfina Saturday and Today

Post by Tod »

Couldn't find anyone to fish with on Saturday so I went by myself. Was on the water about 7:30 am and fished west of the river entrance until 2:00 pm. The bite was slow all day but steady. Pick up a fish here and there. Ended up with 9 total trout with 5 keepers between 16 and 19 inches. Early the color was candy corn but after the tide change root beer was the only color I could get a bite on. All under the C/T.

Today I had my dad and friend Scott with me and went back to the same area as Saturday. Was on the water at 7:30 and fished until 2:30. The color today was glow white with a red tail. The bite was slow but steady. Totals for the day 15 trout, 13 between 17 and 24 inches. 1 catfish, 2 blue runners, 1 flounder, 1 30 inch cobia and had 1 trout that would have gone 27 or better get off at the boat. The whole weekend was about the same, the fish never turned it on but most of the fish were great fish and they kept biting enough to keep you going. Great days on the water. My dad had a great time and caugh the biggest trout of his life. :D
Tod Browning (AKA Iceman)
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

WTG Tod :thumbup: :beer:
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Good job, Tod. They're out there, you just have to look around sometime. I'd rather have them bite slow all day than not bite at all. I bet the cobia pulled. :-D
Yours in the South
ALMAR

Trout Catchin

Post by ALMAR »

Tod sounds like you had a great day with your dad, take him as often as you can, take it from me it is a thrill when one of your kids takes ya fishing and you catch the largest fish.
Pa
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

Good report

I think I read that the fish were biting a little better East of the river
Tod

Post by Tod »

Atticus, I have fished east the last couple of times out and have caught alot of fish but not many keepers. The number of fish were down but the keepers ratio was much better. :P
Tod Browning (AKA Iceman)
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Thanks for the two day report Tod. Great details on the baits, times, etc. :D

Atticus, from some of the reports,... they've been catch'n some to the west of Econfina, (towards the Aucilla) as well.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".