Oil booms

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Bullet

Oil booms

Post by Bullet »

I haven't been to St. Marks in a couple of weeks. How far do the booms stretch out from the shore at the lighthouse? Have they put up any more?
Tight lines

Bullet
skeeter-eater

Re: Oil booms

Post by skeeter-eater »

wow...diddn't know they had set any boom there.
I know they had set some boom over towards lanark
packerdog22

Post by packerdog22 »

There are some booms set up at the Light House, but do not reach out very far as of yesterday.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

There are booms as far east as Aucilla. I don't believe they have set up any further east or anticipate going an further east at this point. I don't know to what extent they're at St. Marks, but I don't think they're a significant naviational nuisance. Give it a week and they'll probably broken in laying on dry land like the ones between EastPoint and Carabelle.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

SHOWBOAT wrote: Give it a week and they'll probably broken in laying on dry land like the ones between EastPoint and Carabelle.
I have not been down that way in a couple of weeks. Is that true. If so, what a shame.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

On a side note, there are reports of triple tails bunching up around the booms set at the mouth of St. Joe Bay.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Tidedancer wrote:
SHOWBOAT wrote: Give it a week and they'll probably broken in laying on dry land like the ones between EastPoint and Carabelle.
I have not been down that way in a couple of weeks. Is that true. If so, what a shame.
Yeap, probably 15-20' sections broke out of and washed up in the stumps along the road. I drove that section of 98 on Saturday and probably saw 6 or 8 sections that size sitting on dry land.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

We were there yesterday, we saw one boom to the east of the channel. I don't know how big it was, but didn't look to be to big of a problem. I guess 1/4-1/2 mile from the shoreline. I think you should be able to get anywhere you need to go. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Most of the boom off Lanark was gone this past weekend, but the orange anchor buoys were still abundant along the "reef".
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Salt Life
Location: I come from where the river meets the sea Live Oak Island

Post by Salt Life »

boom at shell point all messed up from massive storm on sat pm. two sail boats washed ashore and boom sent a drift. YES fish the "boom" Hooked up w a 100 + lb Tarpon sat afternoon at dusk. almost 3hrs later and 3.24 miles of dragging me and my daughter around the bay later she finally let me go ! Got back to the ramp at 11 pm what a fish ! 8 lb test w/ 20 mono floro carbon to a 1 0 wire hook............... yeah!
BE GOOD AND FISH OFTEN
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Salt Life wrote:Hooked up w a 100 + lb Tarpon sat afternoon at dusk. almost 3hrs later and 3.24 miles of dragging me and my daughter around the bay later she finally let me go ! Got back to the ramp at 11 pm what a fish ! 8 lb test w/ 20 mono floro carbon to a 1 0 wire hook............... yeah!
:o :smt023 :smt026
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

I was working down there yesterday. Don't know how much boom they set out, but the boats were coming in and out all day from Shields. The boom crew definately got in their share of breaks and standing around though :roll:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
BayGator

Post by BayGator »

They are pulling the boom out of St. Joe Bay because of the storm that might or might not become a hurricane that may or may not come this way. It is the biggest cluster I have ever seen, and I am working in the middle of it. They just got that boom straight and had a good idea of how to keep it set, now they pulled it up in a day. :roll: :roll:
Salt Life
Location: I come from where the river meets the sea Live Oak Island

Post by Salt Life »

WOW all I can sat Is wow
BE GOOD AND FISH OFTEN
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

I saw on 13 news tonight that all the boom in Franklin was being pulled and should be done in the next 72 hours.