Panacea August 1st

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

newboy

Panacea August 1st

Post by newboy »

Allright!!!!!!!! I had to adjust my plans due to helping a realtor try to sell the property i manage. I finally got to leave saturday afternoon headed to Panacea with my wife and two friends from college. We get there at 8pm and a freakin storm is coming in. So much for going out at night. We fished off the dock and caught some catfish and had some adult beverages. Lots of good laughs during the lighting show. Got up early Sunday and nursed some small headaches and headed out to Rotary area. I since the lady of the couple with us has never been on the salt, some grunts might be fun and easy.

Well my numbers must be wrong. I couldn't find any structure. I was close because a few other boats were in the area, oh well. I figured lets through out some mack trees and start trolling. Nobody on the boat besides myself has ever caught one so here we go! 200 yards Whamo! My friend Amy is wrestling with a nice one. Left my wife in a seat and Russel jumps where Amy was. 300-400 yards Russell is cranking in the ole Po Man's Tarpon, not as cool but hey a fish is a fish. Trolled a while with nothing and got just inside the beacon and zing my wife is tied into (at that moment) the biggest Spanish ever landed on my boat :D ! So the count is one 24 inch, one 26 inch spanish, and one lady. We were kind of hungry and decide to head to Posey's. about half way in I spotted bait boiling :o . I put the boat in position and got out my casting rods for everybody. Big mistake with my wife and two greener than me. I managed a blue that took a chunk out of my thumb when dehooking :smt010 . Regrouped with my wife and Russell on the bow me driving and Amy taking pics. The bow was not graceful but it was functioning as I moved into position.

Here comes the pod and i'm seeing flashes, big ones! All the sudden my lovely bride is talking with some different adjectives and the rod butt was digging a hole into her stomach :smt005 . She made two trips around the deck before it got close to the boat. When it ran by the first time the length told me shark :smt012 . The second trip it made the net. A 30 inch spanish!!!!! I thought it was awesome. I actually researched them because I didn't know they could get that big. BTW I'm guessing length on the two smaller fish but I measured the big boy at home.

Anyway, that was about it. We didn't catch alot but they were high quality and the world has two more salty addicts because of it. Check out this link for a pic, Image

Newboy
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Re: Panacea August 1st

Post by Tom Keels »

All the fish in the picture are spanish. Is the 30 inch one one of those?
Tom Keels
Site Founder

newboy

Post by newboy »

Far right is the biggest but I just realized I measured to end of tail and not fork, so dock me a few.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Monsters! :thumbup:
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Those are some nice spanish. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Shore is a long tail on that one.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Those are some BIG spaniards !!!
Tight lines

Bullet
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Those sure are..............wait for it......................Big Macs!
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?