Meteor Shower tonight

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rainman
Site Sponsor

Meteor Shower tonight

Post by Rainman »

If the weather is clear I was thinking of taking a new friend of mine to watch some of tonight's meteor shower. Anyone have any suggestions, I live in Tally, of a place I could drive to get away from the lights? I'm willing to drive a little ways... Any parks in SGA or wakulla, etc. that are open at night or any open public land? All suggestions are welcome! Right now I was thinking Dog Lake just south of Tally...
cmccord
Site Sponsor

Re: Meteor Shower tonight

Post by cmccord »

If you don't mind driving it might be worth driving down near the coast. Of the meteor showers I have seen, those seen from the coast have always been the most impressive. Wakulla Beach wouldn't be a bad spot to sit. Just have to take care to watch for bugs/mosquitoes.
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

That's not a bad idea, I know where that's at, I'll add that to my very short list so far, Dog Lake, Wakulla Beach...
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

If the person you're taking is just a friend might keep an eye on the weather radar.

With the tropical depression going through our neck of the woods, not sure you'll have favorable conditions. If it's someone more than a friend, well then... may be perfect conditions. :wink:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

Hopefully more than friends... What about Bottoms Road? never really been down there but from the looks of Google Maps might be perfect. Clear view of eastern sky and I can't imaging the light from Panacea being to overpowering.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

just take the boat and launch from the Fort....
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

If the skies are clear of storm clouds, anywhere from the water would be perfect!
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

SHOWBOAT wrote:just take the boat and launch from the Fort....
:thumbup: :thumbup: Took this advice and it was a really good choice, great evening to be on the water!
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Good deal. How was the metor shower? Did you earn a second date? :D
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

Yep... The shower was cool, maybe a dozen where really bright with long tails. Most rest were small but plentiful, 40 to 50 and hour easy. They'll still be around the next few nights but in smaller numbers.