What year model is it???

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: What year model is it???

Post by Harmsway »

jadams92002 wrote:Also feel free to leave me tips, suggestions, or comments.
The spare tire in the bed will work better if you put a rim on it. :roll: Just kidding 'cause I'm jealous.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

In the '50's, most states registered vehicles by motor number instead of VIN (chassis number). If the motor was changed, the number on the title would be incorrect. Ford put VIN plates either on the door, or in the glove box. However, Ford aslo stamped the chassis number on the frame in 3 places. The easist to find is right behind the steering box. It is also stamped on the rear crossmember above the rear axle housing and usually one more time on the top of the frame just behind the transmission crossmember. The one behind the steering box is the only one you can find with the body on the frame.
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

On second thoughts, I believe mine was a 300 6 cyl..........It's a 66....
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

Barhopr wrote:I want to know just how you plan on fishing the flats in that thing? Bye, bye boat money :(
Barhopr: I will just use yours, you never do! LOL PS: Donations are welcome...

Harmsway: I dug that one up today, 3 out of 4 holding air isn’t bad. It isn't the correct size, but it will work for now. Thanks for the tip though. :D

RodBow: I will check behind the steering box, exe.. Thanks
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

My Dad has a 66 Chevy pickup that he couldn't find the VIN plate on. Took it to the DMV and they couldn't find it either. I think he finally found it on the top of the door jam on the drivers side. Was doing some work on it, looked up and there it was.

Cory
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

That is going to be a great project! I think if you find a tag from 66 you can take it to DMV and have them re-assign the old tag to your vehicle.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I wouldn't stick a battery in it and fire it up if it has been sitting. You may just suck a bunch of trash out of the tank into your motor and cause yourself a lot more trouble. If you pop the filler cap on the tank and it smells like varnish instead of gasoline, wait until you can get the tank cleaned and get some fresh fuel.

Steve Stinson
FHC
Site Sponsor

Post by FHC »

if its got a tail light cover the year model is on the bottom
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

I called the tag office yesterday and gave her the tag number. She was very helpful. The year she gave me is a 1965. The grill looks like a 66 and judging by how hard the bolts are to get off it is the original. She also gave me the VIN witch I still haven’t found. There looks as though there may have been a plate on top of the door at one point and time but it is not there now. As far as a update I stuck a battery in her and some fresh gas she spun over a time or two then roared to life as is she had been running all along. After that I spent the next day pressure washing 44 + years of dirt and grime which I have to add is no easy task. Almost 6 hours on a pressure washer left me sore so I took a day off. That’s pretty much is for now.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

:thumbup: Sweet. The DMV may be looking at the actual year constructed as opposed to the year model (you always see next year's model before next year). It could be an early '66 built before the beginning of the year.

Very cool that it already runs, and the body seems to be in pretty decent condition for a 50+ year old truck.
Keep us posted.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Re: What year model is it???/ Update

Post by jadams92002 »

I removed a few parts then thought I would take her for a quick spin down to the pond before dark. I didn't bring any rods but I did manage to get a few pictures. By the way this was the first time I drove her for any distance which is less than a mile. Going is not a problem due to NO BREAKS!!! Enjoy the pics.
Attachments
FxCam_1282952013341.jpg
FxCam_1282952013341.jpg (36.66 KiB) Viewed 801 times
FxCam_1282951948854.jpg
FxCam_1282951948854.jpg (93.91 KiB) Viewed 801 times
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

any bass in that pond?
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

None that he can catch!
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

mpa_72001 wrote:any bass in that pond?
That pond is fished pretty heavily by trespassers so I don’t fish there much. When it floods this place is awesome bow fishing, although I have caught a few decent fish there on a pole back in the day.

PS: Barhopr is not funny.
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

Just thought I would give a update on the 66 F100 project. I got her all tore down and now I am in the first stages of putting her back together.