St. Marks Inshore 11/28/2010

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jhults7

St. Marks Inshore 11/28/2010

Post by jhults7 »

I decided to leave the grouper alone due to us doing pretty well on them latley in addition to the small craft advisory this past sunday. Im not gonna lie we did go to the mouth of the river to look at her but she was kickin up something nasty. 2ft white capping chop was what we ran into in the mouth of the st marks so we turned her around and decided to go harass some redfish. We fished several areas and finally found them along the deep holes on the side of the river between the fort and the broken down pilings on the left side of the st marks river if you are heading to the gulf. We caught all of our fish on live shrimp on the bottom using a jig head. We ended up catchin 40 short reds along with out limit of nice keepers between 22 and 24 inches. My wife caught the two biggest at 24" :thumbup: . My dad even caught a nice 14" flounder. I also lost a slob at the side of the boat that would have gone 26". Tight lines
-Jordan
Final Tally:
4 keeper reds to 24"
40 short reds
1 Flounder at 14"
Me and the wife
Me dad and Kylie
My brother in law gettin in on the pics
Kylie with the big fish of the day
DAVE

Re: St. Marks Inshore 11/28/2010

Post by DAVE »

could you plaese tell me what were the tide doing when you were fishing on this trip . Do you think it played a big roll, Thank you for any info :beer:
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Nice report!

Nice fish as well.

Thanks
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Great work
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Great work
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
jhults7

Post by jhults7 »

Dave- we fished the outgoing in the morning with minimum success but when the tide turned and started pouring in the afternoon the bite reallt heated up. If you can find some good movement near deep holes along the river, you can usually find some fish. Good luck :thumbup:
DAVE

Post by DAVE »

thanks for the info, i will be trying this week end. So when you said you were fishing on the bottom, you ment on the bottom right, not off the bottom? Just using a jig head with a live shrimp? Thanks again