River fishing

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

kneeknocker

River fishing

Post by kneeknocker »

Decided to try our luck one more time before I have to go back to work. It was pretty gloomy when we pulled up to the ramp and the rain was coming down hard. So we decided to check the cooler for anything cold and wait it out for awhile. The rain finally stopped and we were off. We putted around for a little trying to find the right spot (because I had never fished here before). Finally found what looked like a good spot and I lowered the power pole. We started fishing and the first fish for my 2011 season was a six pound Sheepshead. Nothing for awhile after that and then the black drum moved in. I have only caught one of these in my entire life and between three of us we boated about 20 blackdrum in the next hour. The fished ranged in size from about 3lbs to 7lbs. I did not keep any of them because I was not sure if they are any good to eat. We had to load the boat up early to get family back to the airport, but it was a great first trip for 2011. I just hope next time I can find fish with a little more red in them.
TEAM NO FLUKE!!!
What a mess

Re: River fishing

Post by What a mess »

They taste dandy like a red or sheepshead maybe a little of both. They were the perfect size to big and they are wormy.
You sir are the emvy of many and if they don't I'll try and cover it for them boy do I wish I was fishing. Great day!

WAM OUT
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: River fishing

Post by Harmsway »

What a mess wrote:You sir are the envy of many . . .
Yeah, me for one. :smt045
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.