NFGFC REDFISH TOURNAMENT ROLL CALL

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: NFGFC REDFISH TOURNAMENT ROLL CALL

Post by SHOWBOAT »

looks like ya'll are lucky and will get a reprieve as I can't fish this one.

Guess I'm lucky this one doesn't count for points.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

SHOWBOAT wrote:looks like ya'll are lucky and will get a reprieve as I can't fish this one.

Guess I'm lucky this one doesn't count for points.

Dang Showboat, where are you gonna be?
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
groupertherapy
Site Sponsor

Post by groupertherapy »

Okay, rule change for loners: Double weight of the one fish.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

It says fish anywhere.
Can you launch from any ramp?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

will we be able to register or pay at any of the meetings this year? just asking for some of the ones that work shiftwork in the club and may not get off til 8am and may wanna fish and are able to get to the meeting thurs. nights but not the sign in that morning for the tournaments.
Warrior
Site Sponsor

Post by Warrior »

Yes you may in the February Tournament the rest of the Tournaments will be Ramp specific.
Jumptrout51 wrote:It says fish anywhere.
Can you launch from any ramp?
Warrior Inshore Charters
Warrior
Site Sponsor

Post by Warrior »

Preacher I think we can work that out but you will still have to go out of the Ramp designated by the Club.
mpa_72001 wrote:will we be able to register or pay at any of the meetings this year? just asking for some of the ones that work shiftwork in the club and may not get off til 8am and may wanna fish and are able to get to the meeting thurs. nights but not the sign in that morning for the tournaments.
Warrior Inshore Charters
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

So it looks like the tournaments are to be kayak unfriendly with two fish Redfish tournament and ramp specific launching. Thanks for the concessions to allow us to participate in the past.
Sun Daze

Post by Sun Daze »

Don't see kayak only tournaments making "concessions" for us gas burners.... Just sayin...
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

There is a difference between a kayak fishing club and a fishing club. North Florida Gulf Fishing Club caters to fishermen. Its not The North Florida Gulf Boat Fishing Club. And I have supported both the bigbendfishing.net and NFGFC. I make lots of contributions to this site and I run a non profit organization that supports the community with charitable contributions and offer up my kayaks for the users on here to use. I attend the socials and meetings at NFGFC. I have a great deal of respect for the organizers of the NFGFC and think that they should continue to make concessions that allow the kayak anglers to compete, just as they have in the past. It adds to their membership, and expands their community base. In these tough times that we live in, I would expect many to make concessions. As for the kayak club, we also allow canoes. I AM JUST SAYING!
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

And as for boaters being in the Forgotten Coast Kayak Fishing Classic, I would be glad to add a boat division next year. It will be $50 per person, max two to a boat, its Catch-Photo-Release, and I'll see what I can do for ya'll to win a boat with a minimum of 100 boat participants. It is for Charity, and it will be 2012, if your interested. If not then I'll be fishing in a boat at the Redfish Trout Shootout and I'll see you there.
Sun Daze

Post by Sun Daze »

Sure are a lot of "I's" in those responses!! I understand you feel slighted by the two fish total weight. Concessions don't really make for an even playing field though.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

The concessions are to relieve "your" guilt. Who wants to get beat by someone when "you" have all the advantages of a motor, speed, electronics, more people on the boat, more rods in the water, live bait, and capability to cover more distance. This way you can go home and say, "That fellar only beat me cause of them damn concessions".

And I used the word "I" because I did those things, and I'm sure you have done some pretty amazing and spectacular things yourself, but I just happened to have done all of those things I listed and I'm proud of it. I think of myself as an advocate for kayak fishing ( I hot linked the word advocate so you could look it up easier, just click on it ). Besides, its already being addressed by the right folks, and thanks for the consideration.

And either way this turns out, I'll be at the weigh in, and hope you can make it to show me them monster Reds your gonna catch.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

:pop_1
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

easy guys. The Feb tourney isn't even a points tourney, just for fun. The ramp tournies were actually decided upon to create a more level playing field ie. Ashley and JR can't chase their pets all the time. It also requires participants to learn new territory. Maybe this makes things tougher for the kayak guys, but exclusion was not the intent.

Jeff-if you want to fish from a boat let know. I know you like fishing from a yak, but there are some options out there if you want to play. You and the Callahan's could do a boat as something different from your other tournies. a tandam yak? Some of the ramps are kayak friendly locations...
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.