Alligator Point

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

QueenB
Site Sponsor

Alligator Point

Post by QueenB »

Is there a decent boat ramp on alligator point? If not, where is the best one around that area to use? Any suggestions, warnings, advice would be appreciated! Thanks. :D
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Alligator Point

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Mashes Sands or Lanark Village.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

There is one on the way to Alligator Point, with access to the harbor. I have seen some 24' boats put in there.
Pirate Girl
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

lizbeth wrote:There is one on the way to Alligator Point, with access to the harbor. I have seen some 24' boats put in there.
I've launched there. Was on a low tide and I was wishing I had 4 wheel drive. Oh well, that vehicle is dead now anyway...RIP Jimmy.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

What haqppened to the one at the marina?

Our Alligator Point camera is located at the Alligator Point Yacht Basin. The camera is located in one of the top windows of the Marina Store. The camera faces Northwest with a view of St Teresa and Alligator Bay. Thank Raymond and Ted for keeping the windows clean with all that salt-spray
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

The marina is where I was headed Waldo. I didn't find one there, so I launched at the ramp probably a 1/4mile before you get there. I was able to get the Xpress free on low tide, but I was glad I didn't have the 20'er
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
salty tiger
Advertising Sponsor

Post by salty tiger »

I launch at sun & sand all the time and prefer it to the marina ramp and the one Showboat is talking about. It's a dirt ramp, but I've some 20+ ft cc's launch there. I stayed across from the marina last summer and walked down to check out their ramp, and it looked a little suspect. I talked to the people inside about it. They said I could use it, but that I would probably need to use 4wd to pull out on a low tide.
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

salty tiger wrote:I launch at sun & sand all the time and prefer it to the marina ramp and the one Showboat is talking about. It's a dirt ramp, but I've some 20+ ft cc's launch there. I stayed across from the marina last summer and walked down to check out their ramp, and it looked a little suspect. I talked to the people inside about it. They said I could use it, but that I would probably need to use 4wd to pull out on a low tide.
I've used the Sun and Sand ramp as well and my boat is a 22ft center console. It's not the greatest ramp and it tends to get really packed, but it works. That's the good news. Then bad news is I know of a few people who have had stuff stolen from their vehicles (including a break in to a tool box last Spring). I don't leave any "candy" out for the dirty rascals that steal from others.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
bman

Post by bman »

The one that Showman talked about is ok if you have a shallow draft boat... Sun and Sand will handle a bigger boat. I launched a 22' Blazer bay there.
Then there is Lenords Landing on 98- good for a shallow flats boat at high tide.

Other than that you can launch at Mashes Sands or Panacea and make a 20min run.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

We fish Turkey shoals a lot but have always launched at Lanark Village, its about a 8 - 10 mile ride to the shoals, a little further to Alligator Point.
QueenB
Site Sponsor

Post by QueenB »

Thanks for the info!! I am thinking launching a Mashes Sands is the best idea!