FSU Fishing Club Tournament today

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

FSU Fishing Club Tournament today

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Anyone fish it?
Anyone know the results?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Jhults11

Re: FSU Fishing Club Tournament today

Post by Jhults11 »

1st place-9.41lb largemouth Bass- Andy Strickland
2nd place-5.00lb largemouth Bass- Gary Droze
3rd place- I don't know

I heard one of the myhometownfishing teams caught the top 3 trout and 1st was 4 lbs

Thats all the info I received guys.......
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I have bit more info.

The FSU tourney is always something of a poker game, since you can only weigh ONE fish in ONE category, and they don't announce how far the payouts go until after the weighing, so before they bring the scales out everybody is playing peek-a-boo into all the coolers. Weird, but entertaining. Anyhow...

Largemouth Bass category was ridiculous. Based on last year (under 4 lbs won), I figured I had it wrapped up with a 5 pounder from the Refuge impoundment. I then drug my canoe over the levee to the saltwater creeks for "backup" red/trout." Good thing; when I got to Po Boys, word was that some green hawgs were brought in. Mine wouldn't have placed 2nd. First bass = 9lb 15 oz (from Lake Jackson on a shiner), Second bass = 8 lbs from way north up St. Marks River (caught by FSU club Prez' group). Otto's boys basically cleaned up the saltwater side, scoring top 3 trout (4-12 down to maybe 3-10) and top red (6-1). My skinny 26" red went 5-12 for second. I got a 3-8 trout 3 casts after the red in exactly the same spot. My Hometown Fishing also took best dressed honors. How can they fish all day & not get those pretty shirts dirty?
grasshopper

Post by grasshopper »

GaryDroze wrote:My Hometown Fishing also took best dressed honors. How can they fish all day & not get those pretty shirts dirty?

Otto keeps them ironed and folded till we get back to the hill, plus we get a new one after every tournament, plus we don't wade and slosh. Only problem is he gets all winnings and we're left with only the shirts on our backs. All kidding aside a fun tournament for a good cause and lots of fun afterwards, sorry a lot of folks missed the good time. Got paid to prefish the redtrout (11.25) good enough to place but not to win. Taking off work all next week weather permiting, should be able to improve by at least 1 pound. See everyone at C- Quaters.