Struck Out

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hammer

Struck Out

Post by Hammer »

Just got home from 2 days of fishing with barely enough fish to feed two folks. What was going on with that, 2 sheephead, and 2 founder was the total for friday morning and saturday afternoon. 5 hours friday morning at St. Joe and 4 hours this afternoon at the Aucilla river and not a keeper trout or red. That is the worst I have ever done in April in 8 years of fishing and I was fishing with some pros. Game warden at the Aucilla felt so sorry for us he didn't even want to see our empty cooler or our equipment, just said have a safe trip home. Hope you all done better than that. :( No pics because the only good was the beautiful weather.
Jhults11

Re: Struck Out

Post by Jhults11 »

Went yesterday to st. marks and only managed 2 keeper trout and a spanish. IDK what the f was going on but we couldnt get going. Fished 2 to 8 ft with topwater, susppending, gulps under a cork, straigh gulp on a hook, and flukes and mirodines....fished west towards shell point and fished east towards aucilla. Idk if it was the tides or what but everyone strikes out occassionaly, but not usually in april like we did.
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

I TELL YA FELLAS, THE TROUT JUST ARE NOT HERE, THEY ARE CATCHIN GOOD TROUT DOWN AROUND KEATON AND SOUTH TO CRYSTAL RIVER AREA.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Yea and two weeks ago we caught some good trout at the Aucilla. Kind of weird for April and the water temp was 80 degrees this afternoon.
Last edited by Hammer on April 23rd, 2011, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

I want to know what is going on to, went a few weeks ago and did great, brother inlaw went last weekend and did great, i went today and fishing for over 7 hours with only 5 fish landed. 3 nice trout 1 lady fish and 1 catfish, no other bites or fish to be had, we fished shallow deep incoming outgoing tide everything never seen it so dead
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

kenfly wrote:I want to know what is going on to, went a few weeks ago and did great, brother inlaw went last weekend and did great, i went today and fishing for over 7 hours with only 5 fish landed. 3 nice trout 1 lady fish and 1 catfish, no other bites or fish to be had, we fished shallow deep incoming outgoing tide everything never seen it so dead
We caught all kind of trash mostly slime cats but just thinking about it I don't remember seeing many birds feeding either time we were out. ???
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

This calls for an investigation!
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Go get'm R/B !!!
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

It's got to be one of these 3 things, maybe all. Oil spill, Ethenol, or Global Warming. :smt005
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

It's the birds fault.
If they don't feed,the fish don't either.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Sorry you had bad luck. It took us most of the day to find the color the fish wanted. We wound up with 9trout mostly caught from 10:00 to 3:00.