in need of advice for shell point

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

geib20

in need of advice for shell point

Post by geib20 »

I have to work in the afternoon at shell point in a couple weeks. Its a pro-bono job, so i feel like i should make it worth my while and get out there in the am to take my boat out for the morning. However, i have never been there before...any advice? fyi....i have an old 15ft tri-hull and an old motor, so knowing its gonna crap out on me at some point, I dont stray too far from shore...
bman

Re: in need of advice for shell point

Post by bman »

Flats right out front are good-- so are the oyster bars to the west.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Tallybraska

Post by Tallybraska »

Those same flats right in front of Shell Point use to be very productive for me. Reds, trout, and even a nice 40lb. Cobe two years ago, around this time of year. May want to have an eel rig handy. Good luck!
Tkmcknig

Post by Tkmcknig »

If you are going out from shell point beach go west until you come across a sandy grass flats area. Probably the flats talked about above. If you keep going west you will start to come across a bunch of oyster bars scrattered around everywhere. Best piece of advice is to get on google maps and try to hit all the fishy looking spots. I've done the best fishing the bars on a rising tide. Pinfish on popping corks seem to work really well for the trout and reds.
geib20

Post by geib20 »

thanks guys...excited for a new area...i know st marks and lanark with a blindfold on, but for some reason never gone out of shell point
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

Note:

There is not a public boat ramp at Shell Point.

Need to use one at Oyster Bay or (Spring Creek...$5.00)
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.