Political Thread

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Political Thread

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I feel the itch. :roll: :hammer:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: Political Thread

Post by Gulf Coast »

Preparation H might help you :-D
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Gulf Coast wrote:Preparation H might help you :-D
:smt005 :smt005
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Probly not.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

The President ... no longer governs for the interest of the State, but for that of his re-election; he does homage to the majority, and instead of checking its passions, as his duty commands him to do, he frequently courts its worst caprices ... Intrigue and corruption are the natural defects of elective government; but when the head of the State can be re-elected these evils rise to a great height, and compromise the very existence of the country. When a simple candidate seeks to rise by intrigue, his manoeuvres must necessarily be limited to a narrow sphere; but when the chief magistrate enters the lists, he borrows the strength of the Government for his own purposes. In the former case the feeble resources of an individual are in action; in the latter, the State itself, with all its immense influence, is busied in the work of corruption and cabal.[87]
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Is that English?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

DEMON wrote:Is that English?

Sorta
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Actually that is Wikispeak.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Actually that is Wikispeak.

Is that the Wikileak's guys brother?
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Well, JT... hope Tom and Chalk cut me some slack as YOU started it! ;-)

Just had to chime in on the subject of wikileaks... while I side with conservatives far more than liberals I've got what some might think contradictory feelings on the whole wikileaks thing... and not that your intent on posting was to focus on wikileaks but the thread flowed there and the thoughts have been weighing heavy on my mind.

1) I actually think wikileaks is doing what our regular press SHOULD be doing. Trying to expose the dang truth about the crazy actions of our government, and even if not wikileaks goal, to let the common man see how little his interests are being served while the government itself has grown to act in many ways without the public's consent. :thumbup: The wikileaks head-honcho isn't American so I just don't see what the heck is the big deal on him reporting facts he's recieved.

2) ON THE OTHER HAND, the little Army punk who stole data and gave it to wikileaks should have been hanging and / or shot in the head by a firing squad within a week or so of a court martial hearing. All for the truth being exposed, BUT also as a former military man believe sworn oaths mean something and without enforcement of military law the foundations are being laid for further chaos. Obama's failure to quickly prosecute the guy and regularly flirting with those who want him released abso-dam-lutely sickens me. :smt011

Thanks for the post... feel better getting the thoughts off my mind.
salute1
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Olebiker

Post by Olebiker »

DEMON wrote:Is that English?
de Tocqueville, "Democracy in America" 1835
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

BBG- :thumbup: :thumbup:
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Thanks for the washing machine info JT. Just purchased a Whirlpool. :-D
bman

Post by bman »

JT told me he was getting excited about the debate... I told him this one happened a few years ago.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

bman wrote:JT told me he was getting excited about the debate... I told him this one happened a few years ago.
Will at least say this for my namesake... though he surely had his share of human faults, he at least defended his country during wartime (unlike the vast majority who have followed), enjoyed the fruits of capitalism (even if bootleg capitalism ;-) ), and sought to fight aggressively against the spread of communism. I don't think he would recognize the "D" party were he alive today. :smt009

And almost forgot to mention the BIGGEST difference between him and the current loser we have in office is that he had a great sense of humor and often made fun of himself. That made many people love him, even if they disagreed with his policies. The current President could learn a thing or two from him in that regard, though I actually "hope" he doesn't so it will be easier to see that "change" happens next year.
BBG (aka John G. Kennedy)
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945