Advice on a New trolling motor

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DEMON
Site Sponsor

Re: Advice on a New trolling motor

Post by DEMON »

You guys get to fish with friends? Aren't you lucky. Everytime I hook up the boat I look over and there is the wife and kid standing there with a sack lunch and a six pack of soda in hand...... I need a bigger boat!
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Back to the subject at hand. If you do get the Minn Kota, do yourself a favor and get the quick release bracket. Makes it easy to take that $1,000.00 investment off your boat for storage at home or while staying overnight while traveling. Can take it off when not needed, Skiing, tubing, cruising with the family, etc.
Aquamaholic

Post by Aquamaholic »

DEMON wrote:Back to the subject at hand. If you do get the Minn Kota, do yourself a favor and get the quick release bracket. Makes it easy to take that $1,000.00 investment off your boat for storage at home or while staying overnight while traveling. Can take it off when not needed, Skiing, tubing, cruising with the family, etc.
Thanks good idea! I will do that for sure.
silverking wrote:
Jumptrout51 wrote:A push pole is more dependable.

That's right, mine always starts and never needs re-charging. Well, voltage-wise anyway.

That said, most of the late model Minn Kotas can be converted to the iPilot, so you have that option down the line if you go with MK.
LOL, I've got a push pole; after poling my boat about 2 miles against the wind I am ready to plop the cash down for a bigger trolling motor! :-D