Mississippi River

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: Mississippi River

Post by Gulf Coast »

Grandma's house in Kentucky, 3/4 of a mile from the Tradewater river.This was three days before crest. She is here in Florida for a few weeks.
Attachments
flood.jpg
flood.jpg (10.15 KiB) Viewed 351 times
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Dang GC, I hate to see that. I hope your Grandma doesn't get too effected. I headed back from the Vicksburg area yesterday and I saw a lot of houses that already looked like this (and worse). The river isn't expected to crest in the Vicksburg area for another week, so it will be pretty rough up there.

On a positive side note, while I was up in Vicksburg, one of the State guys said he wanted to take me to his favorite eattin place in Vicksburg "Rusty's Riverfront Grill". Turn's out the owner, Rusty, is an old friend from Wakulla HS, Rusty Larsen. I knew Rusty had a restaurant in Mississippi, but I didn't realize it was in Vicksburng. It was a heck of a coincidence and it was great to catch up with him. Some of ya'll may know Rusty from his days working the kitchen at Angelo's and then at Paradise. He's got a great restaurant up there and if you are that way, I highly recommend you visit it.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
KYFRED

Post by KYFRED »

Been there and he hsa some rockin fried green tomoatos