Jack and Jill Flats Tournament

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Jack and Jill Flats Tournament

Post by Jumptrout51 »

What size dress do you wear?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
grasshopper

Post by grasshopper »

captkeyser wrote:Nina and I can't wait to fish it! Even taking off Friday to better our chances of winning all that cash. :smt007 can't wait till Saturday!!!

Good luck, looks like all your regular fishing partners are fishing against you. Your spots might get a little crowded??
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

grasshopper wrote:
captkeyser wrote:Nina and I can't wait to fish it! Even taking off Friday to better our chances of winning all that cash. :smt007 can't wait till Saturday!!!

Good luck, looks like all your regular fishing partners are fishing against you. Your spots might get a little crowded??
Hey grasshopper, you interested in fishing the builders tournament this year? Little birdy told me with the offshore action pretty slim this year the payout for trout and red would be well worth it.
signed: team tricon
Stay Thirsty My Friends
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

grasshopper wrote:

Not too worried about it. All my buddies just know how to target BIG fish :-D , not slots. As for the Red...well, guess I gotta go somewhere they have never been. :wink: I also think that Nina has a few in mind as well. :smt006
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Pretty sorry weather report for Saturday, any chance of a postponement?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
grasshopper

Post by grasshopper »

Salty Gator wrote:Pretty sorry weather report for Saturday, any chance of a postponement?

Hasn't rained in a couple of months, looking for this to go north like the last few fronts. Fishing in 15 knot winds out of the sw is typical for the flats and not a danger to boaters. Any heavy thunderstorm activity or small craft advisories will be a point of concern for the tournament director and boaters safety will be our first concern.
We are monitoring several weather websites and radars to assure everyones safety. If a cancellation is needed everyone will be contacted in time to make other plans.
Flats fishing contrary to offshore fishing gives anglers days to fish when condictions are not perfect but still productive and safe.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Sure hope it is still a go; not many near-term open weekends that don't have some kinda tourney scheduled. Plus, some rain will be refreshing after all this heat! And we'll find out how many of the ladies are hardcore!

Please post here this evening if you do cancel...I'll go fishing regardless, but my "Jill" has other plans if it is nixed.
grasshopper

Post by grasshopper »

Jack and Jill tournament is a GO! Southwest winds 15 knots no small craft warnings \. Good luck to all and catch em up.

Total prizes for slot trout as of 7:10 pm 05/13/2011, 1st place $450.00 and big slot trout $100.00 bonus, Redfish 1st place $550.00 includes $150.00 bonus for big red. Paying 4 places for both red and trout categories. This could increase with more total entries before 8;30 am.
wacissaguy

Post by wacissaguy »

The wife and I would do it were it not for the weather forcast. Good luck to you with more perservance than us!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:smt117
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Warrior
Site Sponsor

Post by Warrior »

Does your Jill wade in the gators with you?
GaryDroze wrote:Sure hope it is still a go; not many near-term open weekends that don't have some kinda tourney scheduled. Plus, some rain will be refreshing after all this heat! And we'll find out how many of the ladies are hardcore!

Please post here this evening if you do cancel...I'll go fishing regardless, but my "Jill" has other plans if it is nixed.
Warrior Inshore Charters
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

As I did with the TallyDem outdoors reporter last month, I'll put my partner in the canoe and tow her behind me while I wade. Even if we don't catch anything, I get a pretty good workout! :D
Warrior
Site Sponsor

Post by Warrior »

Carl Great run Tournament alot of players for such a rough day of weather, Looking forward to the next one.
Warrior Inshore Charters
gary z

Post by gary z »

great job Otto & Carl for putting on a great tournament. looking forward to many more. special thanks to Theresa and Ann from Jerrys Bait & tackle for being great hosts and providing some much needed eats after such a rough day on the water. wish mother nature had cooperated a little more. the howling winds were one thing but that awesome electrical show i could have done without. great job to all those who perservered and brought themselves and their fish to the hill. thanks again.
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

Waiting for your "storm story" Coach, where does one go (back there) when it breaks loose?