CCA Banquet Report

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

CCA Banquet Report

Post by Steve Stinson »

Meridian Surveying Inc. made a last minute purchase of a CCA table so Eric and I invited a couple clients and headed down to the armory at 6:00 last night. We all had a great time. There was a lot of fine merchandise and trips to bid on. I sunk a rod / reel combo at the last NFGFC tournament trying to fish live bait and throw an artificial at the same time, something rather large relieved me of my live bait combo.

Being one of the first bidders in the silent auction, I went down the line putting my name and a minimum bid on several spinning rods and one reel. I guess nobody was in a bidding mood, because I ended up with 5 new spinning rods (2 of them custom made), and one Okuma reel :o :-D .

Also won a week in the Keys for $1500.00 in the live auction.

My head hurts, and my wallets lighter, but we all had a great time and will be looking forward to next year's event.

Steve Stinson
groupertherapy
Site Sponsor

Re: CCA Banquet Report

Post by groupertherapy »

Thanks Steve, Eric, BBF.NETers and all who attended the banquet last night. It was a fun event for the 220 folks who came out for a good meal and to socialize with other fishing enthusiasts. That trip Steve won at the auction is an exceptional bargain. CCA Big Bend members receive an email in advance of the annual banquet listing the hunting, fishing and vacation trips that will be sold at live auction so that spouses and friends can team up to plan trips together for a winning bid.
Hope to have more of us at next years event but there may be a smaller social in the fall.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I was a CCA member for 5 years. The entire time I got 4 magazines.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
groupertherapy
Site Sponsor

Post by groupertherapy »

Bring them to the next NFGFC meeting and I'll read them to you.