This is what I think of the BBSWC by-gumby!!

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

This is what I think of the BBSWC by-gumby!!

Post by Scoop Sea »

My oldest daughter and I fished it for the 8th year in a row. We were on the water both days before the sun came up and she hardly complained (she got a lil seasick on Friday as the waves were kicking and she didn't have her dramamine, in turn, there was a little complaining that day). As in past tournaments, we had a great time. We weighed the fish at Shields (it's great to have a weigh station on the eastern boundaries, thanks BBSWC :thumbup: ) and the tournament staff was a pleasure to deal with, as always has been the case. They were very encouraging to my daughter and complimented her on her catches, etc. As one of the torch carriers for the future of recreational fishing, I appreciate the BBSWC staff providing her encouragement on her catches, no matter the size.

Are there some negatives, yep. We had a real jerk pull up to our bouy marker, circle it within 3 feet and then drop anchor right on top of us. We had a couple of words and then I had to remember I had my daughter with me, so we pulled up the buoy and moved on. On a side note, my daughter said we needed to change the hole name to the "grumpy old man hole", I'm thinking it should be changed to the "!@#$ hole", since that's what the fella was. That man's actions aren't to be blamed on the BBSWC tourney, that's just what we are dealing with these days and it happened to occur on a tourney day.

Do we look at other youth division catches and wonder how on earth those younguns hauled in those fish, yep. Do we give it too much thought or let is worry us, nope. We go, we catch, and then we weigh the fish. If they place, great, if not, there's always next year. Fortunately, last year my daughter placed in Spanish and this year she placed in Spanish and Trout. I myself have yet to place a fish on the board (and I've fished it every year since 1996.....), but that doesn't bother me, it's money well spent on a good cause.

I truly appreciate the efforts of the staff. It's almost like being on a Homeowners Association Board, it can be a thankless job sometimes and a lot of folks like to complain about the reps and regulations, but they don't step up to help make things better. I'm not casting stones, I'm just saying.....(no, I haven't volunteered for the BBSWC or a Homeowner's Board, I'm smarter than that :smt005 ).

In a nutshell, once a year I get to spend two days with my daugther one on one bonding, all under the disguise of a fishing tournament. Like the song says "she thinks we're just fishing" :thumbup: :thumbup: The smiles on her face in the pictures below are the real trophies in my book.....

Scoop
Attachments
AMs Two BBSWC Medals.JPG
AMs Two BBSWC Medals.JPG (1.45 MiB) Viewed 1874 times
AM's 3rd place Spanish.JPG
AM's 3rd place Spanish.JPG (1.34 MiB) Viewed 1874 times
AM BBSWC Moon Fishing.JPG
AM BBSWC Moon Fishing.JPG (1.46 MiB) Viewed 1874 times
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
RayMalloy

Re: This is what I think of the BBSWC by-gumby!!

Post by RayMalloy »

Amen.
"Fish don't care how much you paid for your tackle."
bbb

Post by bbb »

Hogwash......Can you please explain how that small child landed that big mackeral.

I'm in contact with BBSWC authorities as we speak.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

"In a nutshell, once a year I get to spend two days with my daughter one on one bonding, all under the disguise of a fishing tournament. Like the song says "she thinks we're just fishing"

Well I think if you only take your daughter fishing two days a year you need to be flogged.
Look at the smile on that girls face. :-D
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

:smt038
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

That is one heck of a Spaniard she landed. Congrats to her and you for being so involved in her activities. Too many fathers are "just around" these days.
FF
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

bbb wrote:Hogwash......Can you please explain how that small child landed that big mackeral.

I'm in contact with BBSWC authorities as we speak.
Electric Reel....... :smt005 :smt005 I actually missed netting the Spanish three times, my daughter was about to go ballistic. I definitely got lucky I didn't knock him off.

Please stop the flogging, I take her fishing more than two days a year, but momma and baby sis are with us on those days............

We are now looking forward to scallop season.
leesburgga

Post by leesburgga »

Awesome work dad and congratulations to your daughter! My son and daughter are invited every time that I go fishing and I mean every time.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

"Please stop the flogging, I take her fishing more than two days a year, but momma and baby sis are with us on those days............"

Well now that's a whole different fish!

Floggin' to be discontinued.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Nice work SS. I can't believe anyone would let your daughter weigh that king as a spanish though :smt005

In all honesty, that is what this all about. Congrats young lady.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

Nice job Dad. Cherish those times. Too soon they get to be 22 years old as my daughter is and they get busy with other things.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I heard Scoop Sea tried to weigh it under his name but everybody knew there was no way he caught that fish. :smt005
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

You're a lucky man..cherish the times
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Tom Keels wrote:I heard Scoop Sea tried to weigh it under his name but everybody knew there was no way he caught that fish. :smt005
Dang Tom, I thought that was on the DL, I guess my "hush money check" didn't clear......