Lanark

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

filetandrelease

Lanark

Post by filetandrelease »

Fished out of Lanark this past weekend (thanks for the help with the ramp). Did well early. Started out right as the sun was rising. First stop and a tarpon immediately rolled next to the boat. Hadn't had time to catch pinfish yet and wasn't interested in topwater plugs. Ended up drifting for trout. Caught my limit with one at 22 in. by 8. Also released a couple more keepers with another over 20. Managed to catch a slot red as well. Everything was caught on gulp and top dogs. I don't usually end the day with those kind of results so it was a nice change of pace :D . Back at the ramp and on the trailer by 830.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Lanark

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Redfish Jim
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfish Jim »

Glad you caught 'em :thumbup:
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
leesburgga

Post by leesburgga »

That's gettin it done!
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

filetandrelease wrote:Caught my limit with one at 22 in. by 8.... Back at the ramp and on the trailer by 830
leesburgga wrote:That's gettin it done!
Ditto what leesburgga said, long as you meant AM and not PM! :wink: :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

YA DID GOOD, NOW THAT THE TROUT ARE IN , MAYBE I WILL GET DOWN TO THE GULF AND CATCH A FEW.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
rob4auburn

Post by rob4auburn »

Do you mind giving some tips on which direction you went from the ramp, depth of water, and tide conditions? Did you stay between the Lanark Reef and the shoreline? I have been to this area once and had a decent time. I really like the location and change of pace to where I normally go, but I need a few more tips on where to find them.

Thanks!
filetandrelease

Post by filetandrelease »

PM sent
rob4auburn

Post by rob4auburn »

Thanks for the PM!
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

Ok Rob....now pm me with some tips,haha.I'm in the same boat,been once and did ok but felt a lil lost,dont know where to fish at all there and is quite diff from Aucilla.Not looking for all the keys to success but any help from you or "filetandrelease" would be nice.Been flats fishing going on 3rd season now and for once would enjoy catching a limit,i think Lanark is the place to do it maybe if I knew what in the heck i was doin' outta there.Good luck and thx in advance. New to BBF btw,first post here. :-)
Flatsbroke
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Nice report. Good thread. :D