Lanark Village Snapper & AJ's 7-10

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jhults11

Lanark Village Snapper & AJ's 7-10

Post by Jhults11 »

I guess ill post up a report since i havnt seen and offshore report on this forum in a while :roll: . We decided to leave lanark at 7am on sunday. We loaded the livewell quickly with pins and pigs and headed for deep water. There were some left over swells from saturday around... 2fters on the way out but not choppy thank goodnes so it was doable. We hit several spots from 60-70 ft and they were empty...with the aqua temps at 87.5F we decided to head to 85 thinking stuff had gone deep. We went to our $ snapper hole (FatDaySnap) and finally loaded the boat with a limit of solid red snap dogs to 23". The skies were clear so with a limit of snaps outta the way we went to some red grouper spots. For whatever reason they were either just not there or wernt biting! We did get a noice Mango off that hole though at 16"! After striking out on red grouper we wanted to lift our spirits with some AJs...they may have made our minds happy but hurt up physically LMAO!! Havnt caught any in a while and I 4got the darn things will really flat out hurt you! It sucked they are out of season till August 1st but they were still fun to catch. We ended up landing 3 keeper to 23lbs lost another 3 studs to structure and landed 3 shorts...in and hour :o ! The darn things are verywhere out there. We even had a 25lber get eaten by a ...well...ill be nice...a goliath grouper! That thing had to be pushing 300lbs :o ! After being flat wore out we made the long ride back to the ramp. It was 1-2ft with a stiff 10kt breeze outta the SW for the first 10 miles but dammed if it didnt go to 15 with some gusts to 20 about 24 miles from shore. By the time we could see dog island it was solid 3 fters..with some 4s thrown in...and we were in a 19ft maycraft :o . It was interesting to say the least. Other than the but kicking by mother nature on way in we had a blast. -Tight Lines
Me with a good 20lber
Andy with a solid 25+
Some of the fish during cleaning
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
Ranaman

Re: Lanark Village Snapper & AJ's 7-10

Post by Ranaman »

Great Job J!! thanks for the report, sorry we've been on the hill for a while so nothing going from the Celesyial Crab team
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice work!
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Navy »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Nice Fish! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Good report, thanks!! :D