Boating after dark in the Keys

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fighting Conch
Site Sponsor

Boating after dark in the Keys

Post by Fighting Conch »

wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: Boating after dark in the Keys

Post by wevans »

We've missed hearin from ya Skag :smt006 don't be such a stranger :-D
A 29 footer, 80 feet into the mangroves :o the dude was flyin :hammer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

I've got a feeling that's going to leave a mark.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I wonder how many adult beverages this fellow had at the restaurant. I have been all around the keys on my jetski, and I would not even dare go out there running WOT at night in a boat. I have seen too many little things (like rocks, wrecks, sandbars...etc.) just a few inches under the water. Not to mention mangrove islands everywhere. None of which are on a GPS chart!

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
juan sapatos

Post by juan sapatos »

In the there but for the grace of god department. . . . I was taken on a nighttime tour of the upper keys on a flats boat at a very high rate of speed in the summer of 1988. The driver had a lot of experience, but if we had been unlucky we could have ended up the same way or worse. God protects fools most of the time. Fine line between big fun and life altering disaster.
Nature Red in Tooth and Claw
Fighting Conch
Site Sponsor

Post by Fighting Conch »

Thanks Wevans. I have been preoccupied lately. First my knees went bad which makes it hard to get out on the boat, then under the new Governor I lost my job and as the topper my sister-in-law moved in with us. But no complaints, life is good.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Sorry ta hear about the job :thumbdown: and the knees :thumbdown: :thumbdown: I'll keep to myself my thoughts on a sis-in-law moving in :o :lol:
Let us know what type of work yer looking for and maybe someone can help :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”