Fishing/Scalloping@Keaton beach 7/30/11

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Fishing/Scalloping@Keaton beach 7/30/11

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Went down to Keaton this morning with my family and a family friend. Have not been to Keaton in a while since we have been doing well at St Marks scalloping. But decided to hit the old stomping grounds today. Had a newbie on the boat today and tried to put her on some fish. No luck other than one seabass and this shark.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.usDecided to get in the water at nine and started scalloping. Before we got going good my wifes cousin stopped by in his new boat.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.usGot about half our limit at the 1st spot and decided to move a ways. Bought a tube for the boat and pulled my boy around some(he loved it). We should have stayed where we were because we found no more scallops. Still not a bad day on the water. Fun with the family and the boat ran good.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing/Scalloping@Keaton beach 7/30/11

Post by Blue spinner »

look like ya'll had fun
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Right after the picture the shark shook off in the boat. I never saw a woman move so fast. :smt005 Was disapointed with the size of the meat in the scallops. They are much bigger at St Marks.