fishing or working on outboard out of Carrabell

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

fishing or working on outboard out of Carrabell

Post by Blue spinner »

was out in the smoke yesterday on the north side of Dog Island
fishing was bad for us ,not to say all fishing out there was bad
i have owend my Key West 1720 with 90hr yamaha since 2002 it was a new 2003 model ,the only trouble i ever had out of it, was a stearing cable frozen up last year, i have allways taken care of it, it has never let me down , well it was working on it yesterday , not once but twice, we got to hold #2,was going to #3 the motor would not even turn over, so i got out the pull cord it started up the first pull, we ran back to the baot ramp put it on the trailer checked it out and repaired it was a safe switch that keeps it from starting in gear , we went back out and tryed to fish checked couple more holds it was late in the low tide by then, went to go to next hold it started got up on plain then it started to spiting and them just shutoff cranked it back up it ran for a few sec. and shutoff again , cranked back up and never missed again we ran 10 ml. back to the boat ramp with no trouble, it will be in the shop by tomorrow, i did get some nice mullet for my wife when i was casting for bait so it it was not for them i would not have any fish to keep me out of the dog house
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Hammer

Re: fishing or working on outboard out of Carrabell

Post by Hammer »

Feel for you on the motor trouble. We fished thursday afternoon and friday morning and barely got back in. My old 40 horse Johnson quit and it appears to be sucking air around the gas tank fitting. The fishing was great thursday afternoon, with 2 reds, 2 black drum, one trout while over at Eastpoint. The next morning over at St. Joe we caught one 24" trout and that was it except for a few croakers. We looked for mullet but couldnt find any the stacked up.