Boat Soap?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Boat Soap?

Post by silverking »

In keeping with the maintenance theme, I'm curious as to what others are using for boat soap? Hoping Tom will offer his choice here, too.

I've been using Maguair's Gel concentrate that won't strip the wax. That's the most critical trait, besides cleaning the dirt, obviously.
salty tiger
Advertising Sponsor

Re: Boat Soap?

Post by salty tiger »

I use Starbrite Sea Safe Wash & Wax.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I use rainwater.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Mean Green to clean. Maguairs Wax after cleaning.

Semper Fi
salute2
Semper Fi
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

I primarily use Meguiars Flagship MEG-M6516 on the gellcoat as well as Ardex # 5215 Wash/Wax Concentrate. As for the inside, good ole fashion AJAX works good on the non-skid :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Starbrite Non-Skid deck cleaner on the deck is a mandatory! It scrubs easy and protects as well. I forget the name of my boat soap. I am special. ;)

Dolphin, give the Starbrite a chance. Easier cleanup on subsequent scrubs and it does no damage and protects UV damage. I do not sell the stuff, but I buy it by the gallon, transfer to a small spray bottle and just use a long handled scrub brush. It even gets up ladyfish dookie.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

I use the Starbrite Non-Skid (green). Good stuff. When you do as much cleaning as I do though, that stuff can get costly.
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Marine Spray Nine for general cleaning and Spray Nine Grezoff for the bilge and any other greasy area. Works wonders and is bio-degradable.
salty tiger
Advertising Sponsor

Post by salty tiger »

onefishtwofish wrote:Starbrite Non-Skid deck cleaner on the deck is a mandatory! It scrubs easy and protects as well. I forget the name of my boat soap. I am special. ;)

Dolphin, give the Starbrite a chance. Easier cleanup on subsequent scrubs and it does no damage and protects UV damage. I do not sell the stuff, but I buy it by the gallon, transfer to a small spray bottle and just use a long handled scrub brush. It even gets up ladyfish dookie.
I use the deck cleaner also, it's good stuff.