St. Marks...Redfish Mania 9-25-11!!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jhults11

St. Marks...Redfish Mania 9-25-11!!

Post by Jhults11 »

Hadn't fished with my buddy doug and his wife in a while so myself, my wife kylie, doug and his wife lauren and our two dogs berkly and rudy were the crew today on dougs 17' G3. We left the lighthouse ramp a 10am to a flat calm gulf...gotta love these conditions. Headed east down towards the aucilla to a few creeks doug and I haven't fished in a while. The water was stained due to all of the freshwater but that didnt deter us, if anything it made fishing better. After a pretty good lil boat ride we started fishing and 20 mins into it I strike first with a sold 21" Red :-D . Got her right at the mouth of the creek..go figure. Nothing more doing at that creek so we headed to an old honey hole of a creek and man she didnt dissapoint. About 15 minutes into fishing at our spot I get nailed and that braided started screaming off my new stradic 4000. Doug looked at me this that chit eatin grinn knowing I had just hooked the man :smt007 . After a good 6-7 minute fight we had the 27" 7lb 12ounce red in the net. WTF..of course we never catch a slob like this on a tourney day :roll: . After some high fives a round of :beer: and even some excitment from the pups we got back to the task at hand. In the next 10 mins the women put a couple of sweet trout in the box at 18" a piece. Another 10 mins go by and bam...I get railed again and pull another solid 23" red in the boat. At this point everyone is ready to throw me in cause that was my 3rd red of the day :-D LMAO. I felt gulity so I put the rod down and grabed a sub and another :beer: and let them get after it. About 10 minutes farther up into the creek dougs wife lauren hooks a fish and gets him to the boat quickly and says she has a catfish. No one had seen it yet in the stained water but boy had it seen us and it went ape nuts. Bastage took 40 yards of line before I could stand up. Lauren is freaking out and trying to pass the rod off to doug but with some good coaching from the peanut gallery and a few trips around the boat doug netted the 26.25" 6.9lb red. All fish were caught on pearl white gulps with a 1/8 ounce red jig head. At this point we anchored up...had a few more beers and some more food and called it. It was getting hot as ... and we had what we came for...a limit of reds... and a dam good one at that. Put in the lighthouse at 10am...pulled out of the lighthouse at 2:07pm with a load of reds...life is good.-Tight Lines
What we were met with coming out of the lighthouse canal! :thumbup:
First one of the day...
Doug and I and with our tournament winning red lol
Yeah buddy
Lauren with her biggest red ever!
2.5 hours of fishing at the most... :-D
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
Welby
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks...Redfish Mania 9-25-11!!

Post by Welby »

Awesome report ! My buddy and I did about as well with trout.
arichardh09

Post by arichardh09 »

dang man i wished my weekend was that good....great job
fly n fish

Post by fly n fish »

Awsome! Great day, great report!
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Great report. Waiting for my neighbor to finish a morning job and then we're heading down to try our luck, the rising tide today looks inviting.
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

4 reds, 1 nice spanish & 2 huge croaker. Good afternoon fishing makes for a great Monday night supper.
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

nice day of fishin' Jordan. those look zackly like the feesh we released last weekend. next time let the MS land one of those screemers.lol
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Hoorah! :smt038
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

very nice.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?