Weekday Ecofina report 10/4/11 pics added

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Weekday Ecofina report 10/4/11 pics added

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Got a chance to go fishing during the week(wifes idea...love that woman :smt007 ) so we hit the water at 6:30 and headed out. Good thing I brought a jacket because it was brisk out there. Headed down towards Rock island and started fishing in 3-4' of water. The water was 64 degrees and stained, but the fish were aggressive. They would spit the hook and hit again. The fish were biting so good we kept the 4 smallest ones in the live well in case we caught bigger ones. Had our limit by 11:00 and managed to swap out 3 of the smallest ones after that. Decided to head to a rock bass spot, so we put the rest of the trout in the cooler. Got moved and caught 6 sea bass and another limit of trout that went back unharmed. Had 2 airforce Warthog jets circle us at low altitude. We waved at them and they dipped their wings, that was way cool. salute3 Wound up with 10 trout 15.5"-20.5" 6 bsb and 1 blue today. Caught 30 or so shorts also. It was a banner day and we saw only 1 other boat. Most all of the fish were caught on pinfish strips with a few on gulp. We never fished deeper than 5'(except for the seabass) About could not get back in the river even though we came in 1.5 hours before the .8' low tide. Great day on the water. :-DImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.usImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.usImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by Hit-n-Miss on October 7th, 2011, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Weekday Ecofina report 10/4/11

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Will post pics later. :-D
yardman32317
Site Sponsor

Post by yardman32317 »

That's awesome! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Sua Sponte
RLTW
dollargary

Post by dollargary »

Hit the Ecofina yesterday at 7:00 A.M. Had a friend and his 10 year old daughter on board. Was fishing 10 min. after leaving the mouth of the ecofina.We were using gulp but it did not matter they were hiting everthing we threw in the water. We were limited out by 10:00 A.M. The best part of the whole fishing trip was seeing his daughter catch the largest fish cought that day, a 26.5 inch red. It took her awhile to land that big red, had to put the engine in reverse to keep it from peeling all the line off her reel, she did it all by herself talking about one happy little girl.
We caught a verity of fish reds, specks, flounder, black bass, very large grunts, lady fish, even caught a 6 lb sail cat on a top water spook. This was one beautiful fishing day and fishing trip.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Re: Weekday Ecofina report 10/4/11 pics added

Post by CSMarine »

My wife and I was on the water just outside Spring Warrior that day when the Warthogs were playing. They looked like they were dogfighting. Really cool to watch. They put on a show for us also then moved on. My fishing report is so bad, it's not worth posting. We made the mistake of fishing south of Keaton first thing that morning in the clear water. Caught two throw backs all morning. We ran down to Spring Warrior about an hour before dead low. Caught four specks, and kept two nice reds. Threw back six reds that were in the slot, and two that were over the 27 inch mark, all in about one hour. Went back Wed. to the same spot and almost got blown off the water the wind was so bad. "Wind out of the east, fish bite the least." the saying was right for Weds. one of the worst days I've had this year on Weds.
Put my latest project boat to the test though (see post from about a month ago for pictures of this one). I love it. Stayed dry as a bone.

salute2
Semper Fi
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Yeah Dollargary nice catch and it's funny to me what a sailcat will hit. Nice boat CS and good job on the reds.
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

What a mess of fish !!!!! AWESOME
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

When's the fish fry ?
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Welby wrote:When's the fish fry ?
I'm stiill waiting on some fish and grits(been busy) Been out lately or are you deer hunting?