redfishing in Louisiana?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Spot on

redfishing in Louisiana?

Post by Spot on »

Wanting to book a trip for My dad (age 64) me (35) and my son (7) to do some redfishing in louisiana, My question is this what month would serve me best to go. I have never been out there, looked at some of the guides recommended in a previous topic on here, and will proably go with one of them. I was also thinking about doing 2, 1/2 day trips instead of 1 full day, any pro or cons you may have on this let me know. I will proably book this as Christmas present so the first of next year is when will try and go. Thanks for any advise you can give me on this as I am not even sure of what questions i may need to be asking.

Thanks
Spot on
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Re: redfishing in Louisiana?

Post by Barhopr »

Spot on wrote: My question is this what month would serve me best to go. .....so the first of next year is when will try and go.
I think you answered you own question. If it where me, I would go Nov-Dec. however, Nov 12 is the first day of duck season, I believe, so many of the cast and blast guides will be booked(if they have any cold weather to bring down the birds).
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Check with Hackberry Rod & Gun Club. A worthwhile sporting experience!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
CaptReelThyme

Post by CaptReelThyme »

Hey Spot On. I grew up over there and relocated to the big bend bout 8 years ago. The time to go fishing is now. There is a Capt/guide I recommend in Lafitte, La named Theophille Bourgeois (pronounced Toe-Feel). He used to have a company called Sunshine Charters, now I believe it is just Bourgeois Charters. He has a website (neworleansfishing.com) and multiple YouTube videos. He is the best. I know that they have accommodations as well as package deals. It has been a while since I fished with him, but when the LA speck limit is 25 ea and you reach that in 45 min, you can't forget a trip like that...they are about 30 -45 min outside NOLA in Baratarria bay. Check them out. Hope this helps. Tight lines, Capt RT
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

I HAVE FISHED SEVERAL TIMES WITH CAPT. MIKE HABLE. GREAT GUY HE AND CAPT JAMES NOW OWN CAPT. PHIL S GUIDE SERVICE IN LAFITTE. PULL UP CAPT PHIL IN LAFITTE LA. AND CHECK THEM OUT, IM SURE THAT YOU WILL BE HAPPY. HE ALSO HAS A VERY REASONABLE PLACE TO STAY. IF YOU DO TALK TO HIM MENTION MY NAME