FWC Vessels

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: FWC Vessels

Post by wevans »

Actually, that area IS a well known drug smuggleing area :o it may be that they had a tip and was out there waiting on said drug smugglers :smt004
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Fighting Conch
Site Sponsor

Post by Fighting Conch »

Is that the skyline of Clearwater I see in the background?
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Fighting Conch wrote:Is that the skyline of Clearwater I see in the background?

Must have been one of those rare "exceptionally clear" days on the flats :-D

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

big bend gyrene wrote:Left wing... right wing... federal... state... I'll show my independent roots here and say I don't care... having 30 guys twiddle their thumbs while checking bay boats out of Econfina is a huge waste of TAXPAYER dollars. I would fear a single bad ass officer with an AR15 coming at me in a 150hp 18' Maverick as much as the naval freakin' battleship above. Don't care if it's Obama or Bush, Lawton Chiles or Rick Scott allowing it to happen, still a big azz waste of OUR TAXPAYER dollars. It's this type waste we should be challenging our Federal AND STATE officials to STOP, not pursue.

Well past time to start challenging our govt to sensibly allocate OUR dollars, and just sayin' that 30 guys taken almost an hour to check out a very few boats out of Econ is ridiculously wasteful.

The independent stuff out of the way, would think libtards would be especially upset as I'm a dayum sight certain that the 80' battleship is less green than a Maverick would be. :roll:
I agree. This just puts the exclamation point on the fact that we have a guberment run by idiots bleeding the working people. I am sure Obummer counts the 28 extra folks on board as jobs gained due to stimulus. :smt011
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

This does seem like an important topic. I recall that a FWC officer that crewed or captained said battleship was keynote speaker at a NFGFC meeting a few months back. He seemed like a conscientious, competent and reasonable fellow, and a sportsman to boot.

I wonder who knows him well enough to get his take on this situation? Assuming he would even be willing to share an honest opinion in a public forum like this. :smt102
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Harmsway wrote:This does seem like an important topic. I recall that a FWC officer that crewed or captained said battleship was keynote speaker at a NFGFC meeting a few months back. He seemed like a conscientious, competent and reasonable fellow, and a sportsman to boot.

I wonder who knows him well enough to get his take on this situation? Assuming he would even be willing to share an honest opinion in a public forum like this. :smt102
I would think he will keep his mouth shut if he wants to keep his job. But reading this today after reading the WWW on how our supper committee can not find anything to cut. I say BS. I hear there are 5 of these size boats in the FWC fleet. Now that is a waste of taxpayers money. Most of the time you see the Coast Guard boats tied to the docks and the feds are paying state officers to do their jobs. Hey Washington here's a little money you can cut out.
In fact contact me and I can set you in the right direction, starting with your compensation and benefits (Entitlement as you call them).
Sorry folks for the out burst but I justs can't hep it!!!
woopty
Site Sponsor

Post by woopty »

Seems like a training mission to me.
"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Wow, rough crowd. FWC training academy is here. They aren't going to fly trainees to Miami for boat boarding practice. Unfortunately we boat in their training grounds.

Yes, they can enforce Federal laws. If is my understanding that all officers are sworn as Federal Officers also.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

DEMON wrote:Wow, rough crowd. FWC training academy is here. They aren't going to fly trainees to Miami for boat boarding practice. Unfortunately we boat in their training grounds.

Yes, they can enforce Federal laws. If is my understanding that all officers are sworn as Federal Officers also.

Makes sense to me. Thanks DEMON. :thumbup:
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Google FWC jurisdiction.
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

All i would like to know is if yall seen any circle flies around that FWC boat.. Yall know the ones that circle a horse's xxxx