Great White Video

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Great White Video

Post by Frank Bradfield »

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Re: Great White Video

Post by Dubble Trubble »

12 or 14 lb test? What do ya think..... :-D

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Here's a couple shots from our own waters...

Tiger shark in 18 feet of water swimming around one of the local artificial reefs off St. Marks. That big cobia with him never would veer away to take a look at my jig. Made me think twice about going for a swim when it's hot.
IMG_0847.JPG
IMG_0847.JPG (1.34 MiB) Viewed 3752 times
IMG_0848.JPG
IMG_0848.JPG (1.46 MiB) Viewed 3752 times
DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

Thanks Frank! I was diving off NC over the summer about 40 miles off getting some of those grown up lobsters. Won't be the same next year.

SK, I poked a a similar sized tiger 11/12 about 20 miles SE of mashes in 45'. He shut his eyes like that hurt and was gone. He did not have that cobia riding with him unfortunately. Water temp was around 70. I thought they would be gone, so it was a surprise. Bout time for a GW to show up around Southmaster again.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Those shots were taken last May, but I've also shot video and seen them on more than one occasion on Ochlockonee Shoals. Apparently tigers are real territorial. We saw two on the shoals and they swam right up to the boat in our chum line. We were in 5 foot of water. Pretty cool to watch, but I'm glad I was in the middle of fiberglass.
beer_fixes_all

Post by beer_fixes_all »

Wife and I had a run in with an 8' hammerhead at Rocky point several months ago. We were, are not very experienced at fishing/boating. I don't think he wanted us fishing for his food since he bumped into the rear of the boat and then nudged the side of the boat.

Like silverking, we were glad we were in the boat.
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

On the Tiger Shark theme, below is a picture of one I caught two BBSWC Tourney's ago in about 45 foot of water off of Mashes Sands. I had a blue runner out free-lining, trying to catch a king when this badboy showed up. I reeled the blue runner in and the Tiger chased it in and ultimately got it. After a solid hour long fight, I got the shark beside the boat. We ended up basically reviving the shark, i.e. we put the boat in gear and got some water going through it and it "livened back up". At that point I clipped the steel leader as close as I could. For size reference, it was over half as long as my Sea Pro SV2100 (nose tip to tail tip). The swivel in the picture is around three feet from the hook, so it was in the 10.5+ range. Ironically, as I was fighting this shark, a pontoon boat pulls up to see what we were fighting. Granted it was a smooth day, but I found it ironic that a pontoon boat was that far offshore.

Scoop
Attachments
Tiger Shark.JPG
Tiger Shark.JPG (1.5 MiB) Viewed 3401 times
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I know this is a little off the topic, but since we are talking sharks, We just returned from Universal Studios in Orlando where we we rode the last day general public ride for the "Jaws" attraction. They shut it down yesterday.

That ride has been a main attraction for them since the park opened.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
woopty
Site Sponsor

Post by woopty »

Here's my tiger I got a couple years ago off Mashes Sands.
http://youtu.be/1_Y0SgbP-Lo
"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com