Fishing 12/24 St Marks

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mitchelltally
Site Sponsor

Fishing 12/24 St Marks

Post by mitchelltally »

Planning to fish the rivers on Saturday. Does anyone think there may still be fish out on the flats, do to the warmer than normal temps and the influx of fresh water in the rivers from recent rains?
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing 12/24 St Marks

Post by SHOWBOAT »

I caught a couple limits of trout on the flats last Sunday. Reds were everywhere, and moving, but they weren't chewing very well. You should be able to catch fish in the rivers or the flats right now.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

Caught them out on the flats today. Find some grass in about 2 or 3 feet of water and fish slow.
CaptReelThyme

Post by CaptReelThyme »

Caught 2 reds, both legal. I kept the 23.5" & threw the other back. No sign of trout, even shorts in the river today. I will be out on the flats in the morning or few hours (damn, it's late). See you out there. Merry Christmas to all, and all, a good fight!
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Be here at Gulf Coast til 12 today if anyone needs shrimp,gas or license today. Merry Christmas folks !! :D :thumbup: :thumbup: