Final trip of year Keaton 12/31/11

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ranaman

Final trip of year Keaton 12/31/11

Post by Ranaman »

Trip: Dec 31, 2011, Keaton Beach Fl.
Crew: Tommy Crump, Sandee Hall, Joe Bendis.

Left Valdosta @ 8AM and made good time arriving at Keaton @ 9:45 AM despite some fog. Tide was going to low .8 at 12PM going high to 2.44 at 6PM so water moved most of time we were fishing.

Wind light 3-8 mph; temp 62°-64° F 30.2 rising Barometer seas 1 foot or less.

By the time we stopped at Tommy's trailer and loaded boat, then hauled over to Keaton Beach marina to launch boat it was nearing 10:30 and by time we made it offshore and fishing it was nearing noon so fishing time was limited to @ 5 hours as we made it back to Keaton Channel at 5:58 PM. Finding anything but Big Redfish and AJ at Buckeye was difficult some large sea bass. Rode out to Tommy’s deeper live bottom area and fished anchored then drifted to land one just legal Red Grouper and some big knot head black sea bass on sand perch. Redfish and AJ on Braid Thumper goatfish (pink) jig. Didn't tear them up, but Sunset was especially nice
SLAP AWESOME
as last of 2011 on the Gulf and I Enjoyed not having to captain as we were on Tommy's super nice 25 ft Parker!
Thanks to Tommy and Sandee, and also Celeste for the Kitchen Pass to go without her as she had just had a wisdom tooth pulled and wasn’t up for the day trip hassle of Keaton and back.
Captain Crab AKA Ranaman
Big Red
Captain T.
Goodby 2011
Knotter on board
better than Champagne when I got home, Guess Celeste found something to do with her time home alone.
Last edited by Ranaman on January 6th, 2012, 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Final trip of year Keaton 12/31/11

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup: Good way to end the year.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Thanks JT
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Ranaman wrote:Didn't tear them up, but Sunset was especially nice as last of 2011 on the Gulf
Man, that "especially nice" needs to be upgraded to "SLAP AWESOME!" Absolutely gorgeous sunset! And tearing them up or not, darn nice red! :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
MarkM

Post by MarkM »

Hey Joe, good report. as always. Happy New Year!
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Nice trip and report. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Thank Guys, John I new you'd like that shot :) Happy new year to you too Mark and the rest of the folks, holler if your gouing south! -Joe
MarkM

Post by MarkM »

Joe, I hollered. I guess you didn't hear me.