Shields Marina

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Re: Shields Marina

Post by qoutrage »

I enjoyed this great story, CSM. Sounds like it could have come right out of "Spring Creek Chronicles". Growing up in and around St. Marks had to be a wonderful and fun experience.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Thanks everyone. I did put this stroy and a few more in a small booklet and gave them to my three children and grandchildren. I posted a few of them a couple years ago on this site. Thanks again for all the kind words. Didn't mind posting them here at BBF, because many of us here grew up on the Gulf coast and the Big Bend of Florida. We all have a kind of kinship because of our love of the swamps, rivers, and bay of the Big Bend. We can all identify with each other's storys of growing up and living here most of our lives. I've heard some fine ones from others here at BBF.

salute2
Semper Fi
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Another great read, CS. I always enjoy your stories, and I still like to fish off of docks. Me and Dad fished off one this morning and caught a great mess of crappie, bass, and bream. :smt004
Yours in the South
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

CS, I enjoy your stories as well. I remember this story, but always look forward to seeing another from you. Wasn't it your grand-daughter that was in the last Sherwood movie? Even though I remember this story, I enjoyed reading it again. Life is good in the South!
Hula Popper

Post by Hula Popper »

I got my boat at Shields (an Angler, with an Envirude motor), and was pleased with how it went.

Service has been good, too, though I've not really needed much on that rig.

That ship's store is fantastic — well-equipped, and kinda gorgeous. Even if you don't need anything, you should stick your head in there and look around.

I didn't know there used to be a Shields Restaurant. I'd say it is time to bring that back. We need something to replace Posey's (R.I.P.). I miss the mullet dip!
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Thanks Redbelly. Yes my eleven-year-old grandaughter Lauren Etchells plays Emily in the movie "Courageous."
Lauren1.jpg
Lauren1.jpg (39.28 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
Semper Fi