Want some fries with that burger?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: Want some fries with that burger?

Post by wevans »

Ummm, that's GO GAYTA :-D Sorry, I just had to :lol: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

SS, class of 2004
To all the haters, I hope you or the people you love never need the help of the best doctors in the state. If so, you may be dependind on one of those "A holes" to save your life. Let's all remember life is about much more than football.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

FYI, my daughter is a proud UF graduate also :o and I don't think that ALL Gators are A'holes, but they do be a lot of em :-D UF is a great educational institute, just as Miami and FSU are :thumbup: but ya best git a thicker skin if ya want ta be on a forum with grads from all of them schools :smt004 :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Your right wevans, skin was a little thin yesterday. But comparing the academics of fsu to UF would be like me posting something to the effect that air force enlisted men are tougher than marines. Sure maybe one or two, but on the whole it's not even close. Were not talkin football, baseball, basketball or women's water polo. We are talking academics and I stand by my original statement. Not even close. As far as who's fans are the biggest a holes, in my experience the loudest most obnoxious fans are not alumni. In fact most have never been on campus. I grew up in bama and I can say we all have a hole fans. No one is exempt, not bama, auburn, georiga, Miami, fsu etc. We all have fans that embarassed the whole. You know who I'm talking about.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

easy buddy. Things change with time. You'll see the FSU law school pass UF witin the next year or two, they're very close right now. If you need help from an attorney in FL, then I recommend looking to the FSU grads.

Rankings themselves are questionable:
Methodology-Each school is assigned an overall rank, which is normalized so that it is out of 100. This rank takes into account Quality Assessment (measured by opinion surveys), Selectivity (measured by incoming student profiles and the acceptance rate), Placement Success (measured by bar passage and employment rates), Faculty Resources (measured by expenditures, library volumes, and student/faculty ratio). The magazine gives 40 percent to reputation, 25 percent to selectivity, 20 percent to placement success and 15 percent to faculty resources, thus combining these factors into an overall score
# of volumes in your library...really? Would that depend more upon the age of the institution or the quality of education a current student receives? Are the entities that perform these rankings aware of the interwebs?

UF has traditionally had higher rankings in a lot disciplines, but that doesn't mean they will forver. Academics aren't as far apart as you want to believe. I'll still go fishing with you though.

Benji-I see your point, but I have to be careful here. My wife's PHD is from cow-town, USA. She grew up in the same town as "that school up north." :smt014
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

the original post is still funny!
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

touchy subject.... :-D
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I hear you showboat, please don't make me dig up the number of national merit winners at UF vs fsu. How about research grants. Law school maybe close. How about dental, architecture, business, medical and vet schools? I hear fsu has a good dance program. All joking a side. I'm sorry I responded to an obvious joke, should have let it roll off. And we all know your education is what you make of it. Some of the worst doctors I have known have great credentials and some of the best went to questionable schools. It is all about how hard you work. No hard feelings. Now let's go fishin
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Oh snap, it just got real.

Straighten him out SG.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Typical Gator. :-D

signed/wish the wind would lay down some.

Bailey :beer:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Obviously I haven't been to G'vlle in years. Late 60's early 70's lots of strip clubs.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Wow JT, if you were running around gville then, you may have seen a skinny, shaggy haired kid named Tom Petty playing at a old club called Dubb's.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Salty Gator wrote:As far as who's fans are the biggest a holes, in my experience the loudest most obnoxious fans are not alumni. In fact most have never been on campus. I grew up in bama and I can say we all have a hole fans. No one is exempt, not bama, auburn, georiga, Miami, fsu etc. We all have fans that embarassed the whole. You know who I'm talking about.
Point worth noting... the funny graphic did say "fans", not "graduates", and I TOTALLY agree with the point above, Salty Gator! :thumbup: :beer:

Now that out of the way, have to add that it's been entertaining to see how much dust I've kicked up... not even a FSU grad myself... nope, I graduated from the home of the Purple Paladins, Furman University.

University of Florida
Average SAT range: 1710-2040

Furman
Average SAT range: 1760-2050

Just when you think you're getting away from horse and rider (Renegade and Chief Osceola), you run into FURY and SIR PALADIN!!! :-D ;-)
Furman.jpg
Furman.jpg (435.21 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Paladin.jpg
Paladin.jpg (320.72 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

LOOKS TIPPY :lol: :-D :smt004 :beer:
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Fyi

The Top Ten for total # of National Merit Scholars, in order, is Harvard 285, Texas 283, Northwestern 249, USC 231, Wash.U.St.L. 204, Chicago 196, Yale 183, Princeton 179, Oklahoma 175 & Texas A&M 173. After the Top Ten, not in order, are Florida 168, Stanford 164, Vanderbilt 172, NYU 159, Rice 159, UNC 166, MIT 138, ASU 150, Ohio State 118 & Penn 115.
Last edited by icy9ff8; 01-27-2008 at 10:47 AM..