Boat repairs & paint!

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FishHead91

Boat repairs & paint!

Post by FishHead91 »

Well, I'm still jumping up and down to build my own boat, but I figured I'd fix what I have first.
A couple of weeks ago I noticed a rotten spot coming through behind the bench on my boat. and realized the subfloor was saturated. Partially because the previous owner placed the drain plug too high :roll: and it would hold more water than needed... So I cut it out, patched it shut, and lowered the plug, and cut a trough in the back to hold the water that does get into the boat. Then the boat was flipped up on end, and I watched ohhh about 2 gallons of water come out of the sub floor. So I let it sit and dry. Then started patching all the weak spots and spots that had water coming out.
I also built a lip up on my transom because I noticed the cavitation plate sat about 2 inches below the bottom of the boat, so now I can run a little shallower and faster :evil: .
Then I figured after the 100 different patches that have been put to this boat it was time to put a new coat of paint on her!
So here's a couple before, inbetween and after.

I'll post a few more pics when It's all together
If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Boat repairs & paint!

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Re: Boat repairs & paint!

Post by Rhettley »

Looking good.
Chill-N-Grill