quick question

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dombern34
Site Sponsor

quick question

Post by dombern34 »

going to try and beat the storm in the AM on saturday tomorrow. i think i'm going to try St marks this weekend for i have never been out of that place and was wondering is there any kind of store on the way? from the google map, the boat ramp didn't look like it had a store like enconfina does that i normally stop at. does anyone know if there is one on the way to get a licence and stuff? if so what time do they open? thanks in advance! i'm talking about ramp off lighthouse rd
wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: quick question

Post by wevans »

http://www.jerrysbait.com/
When you leave Jerry's, head towards 98 and turn left at the red light, go to the end of the road and yer at 98, turn left and go 1/4 mile and yer at the light house entrance :-D :beer:
PS: That's the first light and turn, don't go all the way to 98 "it's only about a mile or so".
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

buy your license via phone or on-line. Get your shrimp and tackle from GulfCoast, JBT or Shell Island. Preferably GC since he is a "friend" to the Club and Forum. There aren't any stores once you enter the St. Marks NWR.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Just noticed that yer coming from Albany :smt012 Definatly do the call or on-line license. I assume that you will come thru Wacissa on 59, if so, there are no stores between Wacissa and the ramp :smt009 Jerry's is about 5 miles from the Light House turn, go across the bridge and turn right onto 267 "first paved road to the right", go to the light, turn right and Jerry's is about a mile away and on your left :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

thanks weavans and showboat, showboat where is GC on the way? and yeah weavans headed down to thomasville tonight and getting up with the buddy whos goes with me everytime and wacissa is the way i take. i normally take a left onto 98 and go into econfina so i'm assuming from your directions i take a right onto 98 and if i want to go to jerrys i would stear off right onto HWY 267 and take right onto woodville hwy? but if i didn't need to go by the store i turn right onto 98 and then left onto lighthouse round? thanks again for the help
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Look out for the FOG. If you look at the Beachview cams for the last couple of days it's been pea soup at times. Right now it looks like 50 yards of vis at Alligator Point. http://www.beachview.com/Beach_Cams/All ... Point.aspx

St. Marks is infested with rocks and oyster bars........both of which are hard to see in the low light conditions that fog produces.

Frankly it may be better to pick a better day. The wind will most likely be howling, the tide is crappy, and you may not be able to see the bow of the boat. Not a good recipe for your first trip to a new place. IMHO.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
woopty
Site Sponsor

Post by woopty »

I'm chompin' at the bit to go.....but I ain't goin' tomorrow.
"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I don't think Jerrys opens until 8 a.m.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I think they open at 6. I stopped there 2 weeks ago, can't remember what time exactly, but we were on the water before safe light.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

STORE HOURS
We try to observe these business hours. Please understand that sometimes we have to close without a previous notice. Thanks.

day of the week
OPEN
CLOSE

--When in doubt call us: 850-421-3248
FRIDAY
7:00am
6:00pm

SATURDAY
6:00am
6:00pm

SUNDAY
6:00am
5:00pm

MONDAY
5:30pm

TUESDAY

WEDNESDAY

THURSDAY

- If there is a big storm, heavy rain or lightning, we supposed that you don't need us, so we take advantage and close. But again, make that phone call and double check.

Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Years: We will most likely be closed.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Believe Gulf Coast Lumber in Woodville (just before the elementary school on Woodville Hwy.) opens at least by 7 a.m., if not earlier. Hopefully Gulf Coast can chime in with hours of operation.

Shields Marina in St. Marks opens at 7 and they have live shrimp and sell fishing licenses.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Hours are 6:00-6:00 Monday thru Friday, 6:00-5:00 on Sat. Shrimp, license,marine gas, beers,ice, and tackle !! And if you need to pick out some new doors to remodel you house or building a new home I've got it all. If you never stopped in Come on in, cast iron pans, fish cookers too much to type. Back to the hours, most of the time someone is by 5:40-5:45 to make the coffee.