Need a Gheenoe trailer

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Need a Gheenoe trailer

Post by WolfeMan »

I've come into possession of an abandoned Gheenoe that needs a little minor body work but floats real good - I'm planning on putting a little long-tail motor on it and using it as a small water duck/river fishing boat.

Problem is, when it floated up to my mom's beach on River X last month, oddly enough, it didn't have a trailer attached to it...

Anybody got one laying around they want to get rid of?

Let me know! email me at b_wolfe@comcast.net in case I don't check this post often enough.

Thanks

-Brian
Site Sponsor

Re: Need a Gheenoe trailer

Post by MudDucker »

Good luck getting it registered!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WHAT MUD SAID. DON'T EVEN TRY IN FLA. GO OVER TO ALA. AND YA CAN GET IT REG. AS A SALVAGE, I TRIED FOR 3 YRS. GO GET A BOAT REGISTERED IN FLA. NEVER DID EVEN WITH BILL OF SALE AND SWORN STATEMENT FROM PREVIOUS OWNER. WENT OVER TO DOTHAN , ALA. AND REGISTERED IT IN ABOUT 30 MINUTES. ALSO YA DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A TAG ON A BOAT TRAILER.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT YA DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A BOAT TRAILER TAG IF THE BOAT IS REGISTERED IN ALA.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Post by WolfeMan »

It isnt registered now, no letters. It floated up with no motor, no paddles, nothing...just a hull with no registration numbers on it.
Site Sponsor

Post by WolfeMan »

(That being said, I have never registered a boat...so what am I dealing with here?)

Post by bbb »

What you're dealing with is a boat that doesn't belong to you, that you are wanting register in your name. I don't see that turning out too well for you.

What you probably should have done, was call FWC and report the boat as being abandoned and see if they could find the owner. If they couldn't find the owner, they could probably assist you in getting new paperwork.

What you should do now is fix the boat up, sell it to someone on Craigslist, as is, without title. Then take the money and buy a boat that has a title.
WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Post by WolfeMan »

Technically its still just sitting there on the beach...down below my folks house on the river, on public property, not in their yard. I didn't haul it back to town or anything...so can still do "what I should have done". I guess by now it's been sitting there for about a month. I'll call FWC and see what they tell me.

Post by bbb »

WolfeMan wrote:Technically its still just sitting there on the beach...down below my folks house on the river, on public property, not in their yard. I didn't haul it back to town or anything...so can still do "what I should have done". I guess by now it's been sitting there for about a month. I'll call FWC and see what they tell me.
You'll feel alot better about it if FWC ok's the find, and gives it to you. Most likely they are gonna want a serial number and my last gheenoe had it imbedded in the transom.

Let us know what they say.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

My Gheenoe has the narrow back end and I can't find a number. I haven't removed the metal plate on the back so it's possibly under there. I had a heck of a time getting it registered in GA. I paid cash and only used it in my pond for about 6 years so I never registered it. They couldn't understand why it had never been registered although I kept telling them it was only used in a private pond and wasn't legally required to be registered to use in my own pond. The guy I bought it from had moved and I couldn't find the hand written bill of sale. I went round and round with GA and finally got numbers but I have to have a game warden come look at it to make sure it is as I stated before they will send me the registration sticker. I hear it's much harder in FL.
woodstock52
Site Sponsor

Post by woodstock52 »

I have a clear title & boat regirsetration in Florida now, & have had for years, my sticker is still good till June.I am not sure why anyone has had any problems, but I do not!
Sorry I hit the wrong post!
bbb

Post by bbb »

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/boa/2878049407.html

Sounds like a 8ft jet ski trailer, but you could extend the bunks if the boat is 13ft.

$100 is not a bad price.
WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Post by WolfeMan »

That ad is actually for just a trailer axle.

Post by bbb »

WolfeMan wrote:That ad is actually for just a trailer axle.
wow, tells you how good my reading comprehension was yesterday. :lol: