fishing license requirement for boat passenger???

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

slayer

fishing license requirement for boat passenger???

Post by slayer »

Wife has finally decided to allow our family vacation to be 100% coastal!!!!! Renting a condo in Mexico Beach with a boat slip...will be on the water everyday that the weather allows...she plans on riding with us on the boat some to just get out,,,do a little reading and sun-bathing...

Question is....does she need a FISHING LICENSE???? I get 1 every year...and my 8 year old sone doesnt need one...but what about a non-fishing passenger???
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Re: fishing license requirement for boat passenger???

Post by Scoop Sea »

The price of buying her one will be worth not risking any issues with the authorities, trying to prove that she was not fishing. Plus, you might get into some hot and heavy action and she may want to participate. Just my thoughts.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Plus She will increase the allowed limit by one :D :thumbup:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Not legally required if she does not fish. Might save hassle and definitely increases limit.

My wife isn't going to touch a pole, so I never buy her one.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

You do not need a recreational hunting, freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing license or a *Florida waterfowl, migratory bird, deer, turkey, snook, spiny lobster, archery season, crossbow season, muzzleloading season permit or management area permit if...

You are a child under 16 years of age. (Also exempt from federal duck stamp requirements.)
You are a Florida resident age 65 or older possessing proof of age and residency or possessing a Resident Senior Citizen Hunting and Fishing Certificate. Residents age 65 or older may obtain, at no cost, complimentary hunting and fishing certificates from county tax collectors' offices.
You hunt or freshwater fish in your county of residence on your homestead or the homestead of your spouse or minor child, or if you are a minor child hunting or freshwater fishing on the homestead of your parent.
You are a Florida resident certified as totally and permanently disabled and you possess a Florida Resident Disabled Person Hunting and Fishing Certificate.
You are a resident who is a member of the Armed Forces of the United States, you are not stationed in this state, and you are home on leave for 30 days or less, upon submission of orders.
You are hunting wild hog on private land.
You are observing or filming someone else who is fishing or hunting and you are not assisting in the take in any way. If you help or assist in the take, whether you actively fish or hunt or not, you must have a license.
She cannot get the net,hand you bait open the fish cooler etc.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

no body get in my boat ,with out a license
fishing or not
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

She can't touch a net, fishing pole, nor operate the boat in any fashion without a fishing license, if anyone on board is fishing. I would buy her a license!! :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
sosprey

Post by sosprey »

Besides - the money supports the resource! Boat landings, public reefs, etc.! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Cheer up, it gets worse...I did, and it did!!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Unless laying in the sun is somehow assisting, my wife is fine without a license.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!