Keaton Black Sea Bass?????

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

slayer

Keaton Black Sea Bass?????

Post by slayer »

after reading and commenting on some post about recent keaton activity..someone mentioned that my trip this weekend with several young boys might want to include fishing for bsb's...which got me to thinking, I've never actually targeted them before....caught some here and there, but never went to specifically catch them....with that said, seen that it was mentioned to find 10-12 foot of water.....THEN WHAT???

deepest water I ever see is when I cross a pretty deep ditch/creek between the southern most birdrack and the dogshead.....will they hit a 1/4oz jighead with a gulp on it with any consistancy??? do I need to find 12' with structure...what exactly do you look for to locate the "endangered BSB's????

if I ever get to 4' of water I've always thought I was already in way to deep of water for trout and reds....

I will most likely be fishing fri. sat, and sun somewhere between Keaton and Spring Warrior

any input would be appreciated
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Black Sea Bass?????

Post by SHOWBOAT »

1/4 oz jig will work great.

4' isn't too deep for trout or reds if you have the correct bottom. I've had many experiences where they'll rise from 6'+ to hit topwaters. That being said, most are slot fish, but some are larger.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
slayer

Post by slayer »

Let me clarify my 4' comment.....the shallow to extremely shallow has just been my preferred way of catching trout and reds I know a lot of peeps drift the deeper water just not my favorite way of fishing
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D I too would like to know how to target them. I have caught them on a rock pile in 10' of water with a 4" gulp up to 16" long. (the fish not the gulp) :-D