C-Belle 6/19/04

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GeneO.
Site Sponsor

C-Belle 6/19/04

Post by GeneO. »

Bodine, Two Guys from the office, Ben and Donnie, and I went out on Saturday. I called Jeff Friday night and asked him to set my pinfish trap off the boat he called me back a few hours later to say it only had two in it that should have been a sign. I asked him to pick up 5 dozen pinfish and put them in the trap until Saturday and he did.

Donnie and Ben met me at the house early Saturday morning and we loaded everything up and headed for C-Belle made a quick stop at C quarters to pick up some LY's. Jeff called and informed me that all the pinfish died overnight. So we turned around and went to the bait store at 7:00 asked for 5 dozen. With a smirk on his face Frank informed us he only had a dozen left, they were more the size of a 30ct shrimp than a pinfish.

We met Jeff at the dock loaded up the boat and headed out. Mullet hailed us and I told him I would catch him a few blue runners while he came out, :roll: :smt011 needless to say the buoys were picked clean. We managed a few but that was it. Decided to go to Otower for some sardines and filled the livewell with those in a matter of minutes.

I had originally planned to go beyond STower but before we got there the crew started complaining heavily about the distance and wanting to fish and blah, blah, blah. I pulled back and decided to start looking around for some good looking bottom. We quickly found something we liked, pitched the buoy and anchored. Shortly after Donnie put his Elroy on the bottom a nice red grouper was invited on-board to inspect the cooler for leaks. Ben and Donnie quickly put two more in the boat and the bite was on. The sharks showed up and as quickly as the bite was on it was off again. We decided pull anchor and go check some other spots to no avail. Those three reds would be our total for the day.

Ran into a rough looking storm on the way in. Having a metal tower on the boat my first instinct was to head back out and let the storm pass. Jeff convinced me otherwise, actually he pushed me aside and floored it, we made it in wet but safely.

It was a good day on the water and I had a good time with friends.
Tight Lines and Screamin Drag

http://members.fishingworks.com/gosteen/
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

WOW Geneo, rough starting out for sure, but you all got a few. Now lets see here skinny Jeff moved Gene out the way and floored it. :-? :o :-D
Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

GeneO, I was sitting on the deck at SGI watching that storm build and hoping everybody was making it back in ok. Glad y'all did!