Keaton Beach 4/7/12

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Keaton Beach 4/7/12

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D People always ask me why I want to know what the water temp is. Saturday morn was the reason why. Friday at Keaton the water temp was in the upper 70's, Saturday morning it was 63 degrees in the canal. :o The warmest we found all day was 67 degrees. Fishing was slow to say the least and the wind did not help. We wound up with 3 trout and many shorts and sea bass. My boy did have fun fighting sharks on the baitpole. :-D
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Beach 4/7/12

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Clear water, dirty water, stained water?
Grass or sand or rock?
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Tried clear and stained water over spotty bottom.
kirt

Post by kirt »

It has always seemed to me at least that water temp does not have as much effect on fish this time of year. I look at it very closely in the winter and in the summer however. This time of year they are more likely to be turned off by a high pressure front like over the past weekend than by temperature. Just my opinion from observances. Anyways be it water temp, fronts, rain or wind. The only thing that usually keeps me off the water are lightning and rocks..... :-D
WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Post by WolfeMan »

What was the barometric pressure?

Post by kirt »

no clue, just some kind of front as the wind indicated...
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I like to watch water temps this time of year because when it is a little more chilly, muddy bottoms on sunny days seem to draw more active fish. Once it is a little warmer, that effect does not seem to matter much.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

kirt wrote:It has always seemed to me at least that water temp does not have as much effect on fish this time of year. I look at it very closely in the winter and in the summer however. This time of year they are more likely to be turned off by a high pressure front like over the past weekend than by temperature. Just my opinion from observances. Anyways be it water temp, fronts, rain or wind. The only thing that usually keeps me off the water are lightning and rocks..... :-D
X2 :thumbup: :thumbup: And on the lightning you get a 10x :thumbup: :thumbup: