RTSO makeup date

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: RTSO makeup date

Post by Reel Cowboy »

grouperlips wrote:well if everyone wasn't so scared of the wind and a little wave action we could've had the tourny this past Saturday like it was supposed to. people still went out from aucilla to c-belle area and caught quality fish in the breeze like any other normal day of fishing

If you'll read the rules, it states "The decision to fish is solely the captain’s choice. All anglers fish at their own discretion and risk. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, the Tournament committee shall have the sole discretion to cancel the Tournament for (hurricanes, tropical storms, small craft advisories, etc.) In the event a small craft advisory is in effect during tournament fishing hours, the tournament will be postponed and rescheduled on the first available date. If the tournament is postponed, a captain's meeting (which will allow for angler substitutions and additional entries) will be held at Kevin's Fine Outdoor Gear & Apparel on the Wednesday prior to the rescheduled tournament date.

Pretty clear & straight forward. Read the rules ahead of time and you have no reason to complain later. Brain is not in charge of the what the weather forecasters put out.
Did I fish anyway? Yes. Was it a true SCA? No. Were the rules followed? Yes.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Pretty straight forward to me !! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Warrior
Site Sponsor

Post by Warrior »

Well put RC!!!
Reel Cowboy wrote:
grouperlips wrote:well if everyone wasn't so scared of the wind and a little wave action we could've had the tourny this past Saturday like it was supposed to. people still went out from aucilla to c-belle area and caught quality fish in the breeze like any other normal day of fishing

If you'll read the rules, it states "The decision to fish is solely the captain’s choice. All anglers fish at their own discretion and risk. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, the Tournament committee shall have the sole discretion to cancel the Tournament for (hurricanes, tropical storms, small craft advisories, etc.) In the event a small craft advisory is in effect during tournament fishing hours, the tournament will be postponed and rescheduled on the first available date. If the tournament is postponed, a captain's meeting (which will allow for angler substitutions and additional entries) will be held at Kevin's Fine Outdoor Gear & Apparel on the Wednesday prior to the rescheduled tournament date.

Pretty clear & straight forward. Read the rules ahead of time and you have no reason to complain later. Brain is not in charge of the what the weather forecasters put out.
Did I fish anyway? Yes. Was it a true SCA? No. Were the rules followed? Yes.
Warrior Inshore Charters
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

But it would be nice to have a back up date in mind, I'm not beachn though :-D
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Make-Up dates should almost always be posted with tournament dates.

"In case of tournament day cancellation, the make-up tournament date will be _______, __, 2012 at the same location"

or of the sorts.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

The weather on Saturday, while not ideal, was certainly fishable. Unfortunately, as the rules are written, the tournament director had no choice but to postpone.

It's too late for this one now, but a solution would be to CHANGE the rules for future events stating that all teams fish at their own risk, regardless, and sign a liability waiver to that effect. And if the rules are to be changed, then I'd like to see one more--A ban on live or dead bait so everyone is on a level playing field.

Either way, Team Whippersnapper (JT and Silverking) will be out there again on May 12. Unless NOAA decides otherwise, that is. :lol:
WILLIS

Post by WILLIS »

The rules state "live/dead bait is permitted" so everyone is on a "level playing field" You don"t want a level playing field you want silverkings playing field!
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

What you talkn bout WILLIS ? :-D
Warrior
Site Sponsor

Post by Warrior »

2nd That
Gulf Coast wrote:What you talkn bout WILLIS ? :-D
Warrior Inshore Charters
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

WILLIS wrote:The rules state "live/dead bait is permitted" so everyone is on a "level playing field" You don"t want a level playing field you want silverkings playing field!

What? I hear some off the wall stuff in my profession, but again, What?
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Come on now, guys, it really takes a lot of skilled angling prowess and acute knowledge of tides and fish behavior to soak a hunk of cut mullet on the bottom. :lol:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Gulf Coast wrote:What you talkn bout WILLIS ? :-D
:thumbup:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Since it's a month later, can we have a change in the "Lines In" rule and what's the rule now on partner change? If my partner has to work he won't know til bout 3:00 on Friday. :smt004
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Where are you RTSO? Recovering from the bikini party?

What is the date and time of the next captains' meeting for the make-up tournament May 12?

And while you're at it, how 'bout some photo highlights from the mucho caliente show at El Jalisco?

Thanks,
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Where are you RTSO? Recovering from the bikini party?

What is the date and time of the next captains' meeting for the make-up tournament May 12?....?????????????