fishing keaton beach...

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pizzle4

fishing keaton beach...

Post by pizzle4 »

for the first time on this coming wednesday. I normally fish out of St. Marks but I'm looking to expand my horizons. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated! I fish out of a 19ft Carolina skiff so I will obviously be fishing inshore. Thanks in advance!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: fishing keaton beach...

Post by Jumptrout51 »

When you come out of the Keaton channel head north and fish in front of Aucilla.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
pizzle4

Post by pizzle4 »

Wouldn't I just launch out of Aucilla to do that?
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

pizzle4 wrote:Wouldn't I just launch out of Aucilla to do that?
Don't look into the light!!! Ha!
Team Jolly Mon
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

pizzle4 wrote:Wouldn't I just launch out of Aucilla to do that?
He said head north toward Aucilla, he did not say to run to Aucilla. A lot of good fishing north of Keaton up to Spring Warrior/Rock Island area. :roll:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Since you are not familiar with the area. I would try the spotty bottom around the north and south birdracks. Any spotty bottom you find is worth a try. If you dont get any fish in 3-6' go out deeper. Reports have been saying they are catching them as deep as 12' bumping the bottom with gulps. Good luck. :-D
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

MudDucker wrote: He said head north toward Aucilla, he did not say to run to Aucilla. A lot of good fishing north of Keaton up to Spring Warrior/Rock Island area. :roll:
Can you not read?
Jumptrout51 wrote:When you come out of the Keaton channel head north and fish in front of Aucilla.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
slayer

Post by slayer »

Reel Cowboy wrote:
MudDucker wrote: He said head north toward Aucilla, he did not say to run to Aucilla. A lot of good fishing north of Keaton up to Spring Warrior/Rock Island area. :roll:
Can you not read?
Jumptrout51 wrote:When you come out of the Keaton channel head north and fish in front of Aucilla.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_ExVumMNI

2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

pizzle4

Post by pizzle4 »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:Since you are not familiar with the area. I would try the spotty bottom around the north and south birdracks. Any spotty bottom you find is worth a try. If you dont get any fish in 3-6' go out deeper. Reports have been saying they are catching them as deep as 12' bumping the bottom with gulps. Good luck. :-D
Thanks hit-n-miss.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D No prob, also don't forget to have a pinfish on a pole out behind your drift. Catch a bunch and post a report. :-D
pizzle4

Post by pizzle4 »

Will do!
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Don't just run out the channel and head north. I've caught more cobia and trout within a few hundred yards of the channel than anywhere else at Keaton. Your there already. Waste a few minutes and try it first. It's also the best place to catch small Pinfish. Then if it don't pan out, work you way north. Lots of oyster bars in close starting in front of Dekle Beach, be careful in the shallow water. The area from Adams Beach to Spring Warrior is where I fish 90% of the time.
Good Luck.

salute2
Semper Fi
pizzle4

Post by pizzle4 »

CSMarine wrote:Don't just run out the channel and head north. I've caught more cobia and trout within a few hundred yards of the channel than anywhere else at Keaton. Your there already. Waste a few minutes and try it first. It's also the best place to catch small Pinfish. Then if it don't pan out, work you way north. Lots of oyster bars in close starting in front of Dekle Beach, be careful in the shallow water. The area from Adams Beach to Spring Warrior is where I fish 90% of the time.
Good Luck.

salute2
Thanks for the good info! What are your thoughts on the grass island area?
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

slayer wrote:
Reel Cowboy wrote:
Can you not read?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_ExVumMNI

since it was 58 seconds of boring video, the three at the counter caught my eye :o lady on the left :o :o ........PS don't forget to post the dang water temp !!!
pizzle4

Post by pizzle4 »

Report: Fished from 9:00 to 5:00...wasn't great but sure beat a day at work. We started near spring warrior creek because we wanted reds. We stalked a school and my buddy caught a 20". I later caught a 24"red. Worked our way back all the way to grass island stoping at what looked to be good bottom along the way. Not a single keeper trout. Only 1 short. I really didn't expect that. We didn't start working for trout till later in the day so I know we missed the morning bite but I thought for sure we would boat a few. The people at Keaton beach marina were super friendly other than the fact that they were gater fans (the boat lift operator was a cane fan). :-D I really liked the boat lift! Well worth the extra five bucks. Didn't have my wife with me this time but she will love that feature. Thanks to all for the advice. I will definitely be back to fish Keaton.