Weekend Reports

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LucWilliams

Weekend Reports

Post by LucWilliams »

Slipped out Friday afternoon with my Dad after work. Quick trip but I got a nice 22 inch trout. It was a little different fishing a sunset for a change.

Fished again Saturday morning. We managed 5 keeper trout and a mackeral. When we were about done fishing for the day I hooked into a real good fish. Ended up being a red right at 27 inches. Since we had plenty of fish in the cooler I released the fish.

Today we decided to brave the elements once we woke up and saw most of the rain still off to the east. It was blowing good all day but we were rewarded with some nice fish and a pretty good day considering the conditions. Ended up with 6 keeper trout, lost a few more boatside. Caught lots of other fish but nothing to brag on. Our two biggest trout were right at 19.

We worked hard for our fish but caught fish lots of different ways, many different techniques. Caught at least something on just about everything we threw. Out of the lighthouse all three days. Probably back on the water Wednesday, tight lines.
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Weekend Reports

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Nice catch. And good report.
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Good catch., Luc & John. That mound of oysters looks familiar. Glad y'all got out. Glad you had some keepers.

Plan to take my wife & one of my girls out this weekend. Maybe I can put them on some fish.
Tight lines

Bullet
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

HEY, GOOD REPORT. Just joined yall lastnite. name is rick. been fishing mostly in Dickerson bay (alot of sharks showing up). Kept 4 decent trt last thursday alot of schooled up ladyfish. Looking for the REDS. I was on em pretty good for awhile awhileback but I cant find em now. Anyone point me in the right direction?
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Sounds like you had a great weekend with your dad -- great report - Thanks for posting.
WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Post by WolfeMan »

Hey Luc, it was fun to meet and harass you a little @ Jerry's on Saturday morning. The shirtless wonder strikes again!

Post by Bailey »

:thumbup:

Bailey :beer:
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Nice job. We managed a few on Sun. Sat was not so good on an evening trip. We'll be out tomorrow too. Good luck.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?