CLAM BAR

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pizzle4

CLAM BAR

Post by pizzle4 »

Can anyone help me to locate the "clam bar" near Panacea? Gps #'s would be great. Also any other helpful info for fishing the Panacea area would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
pizzle4

Re: CLAM BAR

Post by pizzle4 »

Not all at once guys! Lol!
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

I've never heard of a "clam bar" under public numbers. It is my understanding that most, if not all, of the "clammers" have "private leases" in certain areas (that some of us know of), and they are "off-limits" to non-owners. Their clamming areas are well protected (by law :smt066 ) somewhat like a commercial crab traps. You might say they are like "Jumptrout's fishing holes", you had better stay off of them or you will get in deep trouble...

If I am wrong, someone set me straight? :smt102
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

You can fish over the clam leases. Problem is,I have never found any fish on or near them.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

I don't know of any in Panacea...I thought they were behind Aligator Point.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
pizzle4

Post by pizzle4 »

rocket wrote:I don't know of any in Panacea...I thought they were behind Aligator Point.
Yes. There are some there. I found the info I was looking for. It is an area near the mouth of the okchlocknee. Thanks for the responses though guys. I will be giving it a try tomorrow.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

You can fish over the clam leases. Problem is,I have never found any fish on or near them.

That is where the sheep head hang out in the fall..
I thought they were behind Aligator Point.
That is where they are, but they are "private-leased and protected" so don't get no ideas about harvesting any from there.
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
grasscarp

Post by grasscarp »

Pizzle4, The clam bar is just out of the mouth of the ochlocknee, but i dont know if i would waste my time there. If you are going to go that far go on to the shoals and report back what you catch.
pizzle4

Post by pizzle4 »

Report: fished Out of Panacea. I caught two reds(20" & 22") both on cut bait. My buddy caught a red (18 1/2 ") on cut bait and the biggest trout I have ever seen in person. It was beautiful! 26 " and fat. We caught a bunch of other fish Including some white trout. Saw a 6-7 ft bull shark and several sea turtles. It was a fun day. I will try to update with photos if I can figure out how to do that tomorrow.
pizzle4

Post by pizzle4 »

Report: fished Out of Panacea. I caught two reds(20" & 22") both on cut bait. My buddy caught a red (18 1/2 ") on cut bait and the biggest trout I have ever seen in person. It was beautiful! 26 " and fat. We caught a bunch of other fish Including some white trout. Saw a 6-7 ft bull shark and several sea turtles. It was a fun day. I will try to update with photos if I can figure out how to do that tomorrow.
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Hey guys the fishing was great yesterday, my fishing partner pizzle4 and I had a great day on the water.

luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

Nice trout, a true Gator. I fish the dickerson bay area of Panacea alot Was there today as a matter fact,but ewe had engine problams. I uasually fish from my Kayak but my friends got another used motor for thier boat and we were testing it out. Ive been looking for some reds out of Bottoms roa
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

Nice trout, a true Gator. I fish the dickerson bay area of Panacea alot Was there today as a matter fact,but ewe had engine problams. I uasually fish from my Kayak but my friends got another used motor for thier boat and we were testing it out. Ive been looking for some reds out of Bottoms road ramp for the last couple times Iv been no success can u steer me in the rigjt direction?