A day to remember, and one to forget

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LucWilliams

A day to remember, and one to forget

Post by LucWilliams »

I'll start with my day I'd like to forget. That was today. Fished with one of my buddies this am, we knew the wind would be blowing but thought we would give it a shot anyways since he hadn't been on the new boat yet. We got out around 7 or 8 and fished areas where we could hide from the wind that was blowing like crazy. Got rained on, got blown around, and went through some real rough water. We managed one small trout, a puppy red, and one decent sized spanish. When we returned to the canal to take the boat out we coasted over the 3 to 4 footers that were blowing into the canal. Upon returning to the ramp, I noticed that one of my bunks on the trailer didn't look too good. It seems that the rust on my trailer has finally caught up. We managed to get the boat on the trailer and trailored it down to the fine folks at Shield's. Gonna have the springs, bunks, and bunk supports all replaced. Leaves me boatless til next week and with a few less dollars in my pocket.

The good news for all of you is that the fish are there and hungry if you can get some fishable conditions. Yesterday I fished with my buddy and we managed at least 5 trout from 15 to 20 and several nice reds. We had a 23, 24, 26, and 38 inch red. The 38 inch red was an absolute pig. It came on a double hookup while I was catching a 24 inch red. My partner's fish makes my fish look like a baitfish, even though mine was 24 inches! All of our reds were released and I brough home a few of the trout. Still catching fish using lots of different methods. The fish are all yours the rest of this week and this weekend, unless of course you see a Alumacraft heading your way. In that case, you better scoot out of the hole cuz that's probably my Dad and he's got priority. I'll be out of town playing in a beach soccer tourney all weekend, hopefully back at it early next week with my new and improved trailer!

rockyg

Re: A day to remember, and one to forget

Post by rockyg »

Wow.........what a Red!!!!!! ........and thanks for having your friend keep his shirt on. lol

BTW.....if you would be so kind as to turn around and show the shoreline in the background of your future pics it would really be great. I need some new holes. ;)
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Awesome fish!!!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice work!!
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
fsu1

Post by fsu1 »

Well I guess I'm not the only one. We went out at the light house today around 9 am thinking we could fish until 3:00 or so and boy were we wrong. I knew when I opened the door it was going to be rough. What I was not planning on was breaking my prop on a rock. After that had to take slow ride back to the truck in what appeared !t the time to be a tropical storm. Took nearly an hour to get to the truck and a wet depressing ride home.
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Dude, you are a red killa! Sorry to hear about the trailer, but you probably need all new parts for as much as you're gonna use it! :-D

Bailey :beer:
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Navy »

Nice fish! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....
duckbill
Site Sponsor

Post by duckbill »

How much did the 38 incher weigh. Nice fish! :thumbup: Good luck on your trailer work!
Some people fish all their lives before they realize it's not the fish they are after...Thoreau
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

Did not have a scale on board but my partner had trouble holding him with one hand haha thanks everyone!
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Lots of fish !
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Great report of some good fishing. Congrats on that big red !!