nonskid deck cleaning, waxing, etc.???

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rhettley
Site Sponsor

nonskid deck cleaning, waxing, etc.???

Post by Rhettley »

The new to me Seachaser 1950 RG in a 2005 I think, maybe 2004. I's forgits sometimes... :-D Anyway, it's spent most of it's life outside uncovered on the trailer. The nonskid deck is in decent shape for a fishing boat and I've gotten the stains off, well mostly. I've noticed leaves and scuffs mark up the deck easier than they should. I'm thinking it needs something to help give a little protection without turning it into a redneck slip and slide. :o
I hear mixed opinions on Woody Wax, but mainly that it doesn't last long and I can't get it in Moultrie. I'd probably be arrested for asking around if anyone had "woody wax" anyway... :oops:
I was searching here and on THT for a wax or protectant and saw several references to using mop and glow on the deck of the boat. I've also seen it recommended for use on a black rubber rubrail.
Has anyone tried the mop and glow on their nonskid deck? Good idea for protection? Too slick? Waste of time? I'm not trying to get a shiny coat, I just don't want to be scrubbing stains so much. Are there any other products yall would recommend? I do get to Tallahassee on occasion and I see Valdosta is getting an Academy, although they just started building it.
zload
Site Sponsor

Re: nonskid deck cleaning, waxing, etc.???

Post by zload »

I use the Woody Wax. It is expensive but a can ges a long way and it does seem to make cleanup easier. I try to get mine when out of town as well :o Never heard of using M&G if it works let us know.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
salty tiger
Advertising Sponsor

Post by salty tiger »

Starbrite nonskid deck cleaner with ptef works good, it cleans and protects. You can get it at West Marine. I buy the big jug and poor it into spray bottles.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Amen to the Starbrite. I buy it by the gallon from Amazon. It makes subsequent cleanings easier and has a protectant. Also, it is very easy to do. Apply it via spray bottle to a wet deck and let it sit for a minute and scrub her down.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

salty tiger wrote:Starbrite nonskid deck cleaner with ptef works good, it cleans and protects. You can get it at West Marine. I buy the big jug and poor it into spray bottles.
Somebody else asked the same question on THT and about 90% recommended this product. The Bartender's Friend was recommended along with the toilet bowl cleaner for an initial cleanup of a really bad deck. Of course the local Wallymart was out of Bartender's Friend... :smt011
I'll be ordering or picking up a supply of the Starbright next time I'm somewhere that sells it.