DOA tough guy

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

DOA tough guy

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Anybody tried them? They make one pinfish color that looks good. Does anyone know where to buy them? Not mailorder. :-D
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

Have you ever fished a DOA swim bait? I fished a Terror-eyz once and it had about as much action as a Sweetish Fish on a jig head :-?

I like the scrimps though :thumbup:

There are some other very nice swim baits out there that are probably what I would tie-on before a DOA swim bait. Tsunami, Storm...
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

If memory serves me correctly, I saw one at WalMart on the Parkway, but the pinfish was an ugly dark-green. I couldn't imagine that you could fool a trout or cobia with one. They had a 4-5 hangining on the isle opposite the worms and chug-bugs.
Flats Rascal
Site Sponsor

Post by Flats Rascal »

Cool pic, Atticus. If memory serves me, that was when 'Atticus" was called home to shoot the rabid dog?

Boo Radley ----> Image

8)
Jesus saves, George Nelson withdraws!
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

FR - you got that right! I think my picture hosting site is down right now though :hammer:

At NFGFC meetings sometimes on the front table they have a whole glossy sheet of DOA baits in many different shapes and colors. It looks like a sushi menu on acid. I had a one around here but 'someone' threw it away. :-?

I have been thinking about where you might get them from a local retailer but nothing has popped into mind.
Doublehooks

DOA

Post by Doublehooks »

In the past I have had good success with terror-eyz and shrimp. Lately though, I have not had much luck with them. That is fishing!!!

Doa is on line at http://www.doalures.com

Wal mart carries a small selection. I purchased what doa calls a "value pack' at the sportsman's show last year. I forgot who was selling them, but it was some local tackle store. Mark Nichols is the founder of doa lures and every year he puts on a seminar at the Jacksonville Sportsman's show. If you have never been to the show I would recommend it. I believe Tallahassee also has the same show.

Good Fishing,

jj
Doublehooks
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

Black sea bass love the Terror Eyez in the fall.
BANSHEE

doa

Post by BANSHEE »

I got my doa pinfish at OSHMANS at the tallahassee mall.
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Re: doa

Post by Atticus »

BANSHEE wrote:I got my doa pinfish at OSHMANS at the tallahassee mall.
Don't go getting all USEFUL on us now ;-)