Ecofina fishing

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Daybreak

Ecofina fishing

Post by Daybreak »

Fished Ecofina Thursday, July 5th. Water was real stained, tea like. Caught 7 (15-16-17 inch) trout and two other boats fishing with me caught the limit and help me catch my needed three for a limit by 12:00 noon. We had to work at it because of the dark water. Caught mine under a CT with a bright white shrimp. Caught in about 3-4 feet of water, East, almost a mile and half from the mouth of the river. Coming in I hit something and nicked the bottom of the skag a little. There are some rocks at Ecofina but a lot of fish at times. Could not see any scallops due to the water.

Daybreak
oreocwby

Re: Ecofina fishing

Post by oreocwby »

please continue to update because I'M WANTING TO GO sAT OR sUN...thANKS
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Thanks for the report! That murky fresh water making things tough right now!

I'm sorry you found a rock and glad it was only a nick! I was told many (bout 42) years ago that was an Ankyfaeena initiation......been hundreds of times since and I seldom go I
don't continue the initiation! :smt010
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
jwnoles
Site Sponsor

Post by jwnoles »

Went out last Friday (6/29) and it seems the water is about the same. I nicked a rock on my way in also. I went ahead and dropped my boat off with Waivel Porter in Woodville to have a "rock guard" installed. :smt038 I will post pictures once I get the boat back.
JW
<'(((<

2001 Carolina Skiff 1655V
2001 40 HP Yamaha