Fishing Turkey Point

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Fishing Turkey Point

Post by Hollywood »

Im thinking of doing a little fishing and scalloping at Turkey Point on Wednesday and I was wondering if anyone has a fishing and scalloping report from that area.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing Turkey Point

Post by mjsigns »

I'm amusing you mean Turkey point shoals... It is my all time favorite in-shore place to fish. I like the area because of it's proximity to deep water and grassy flats and sandy bottoms. There is a sand bar almost file miles long that runs from east to west. Lots of god live bottom. I have caught more variety of fish there than anywhere else along the big bend, i.e., Pompano, Flounder, Trout and big Spanish. Been spooled about three times over there. Have not seen scallops there. The area circled below is my absolute favorite hunting grounds
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Where is the best place to launch near Turkey point shoals ?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Lanark Village Mart :thumbup: Carson "the owner" is a member of BBF :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I was there this weekend, didn't see one dive flag. Best bet on scallops seems to be st marks
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven