Investment/Retirement Adviser

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Investment/Retirement Adviser

Post by lonesouth »

To young to feel this old, but the early bird gets the worm and the more worms you have to more fish you can catch later :-D

Looking for recommendations on a local retirement adviser for a Roth IRA for me and the wife. I've got 401k through work(with matching), but crunching some numbers and it looks like I need to be socking away more than the max match. From some cursory reading, it looks like the Roth outperforms pre-tax accounts in future value, so I'm thinking of setting up a Roth IRA to put away more for retirement outside of my 401k. Who do you use, and what return are you getting?

Thanks
850-273-8818
RED ZONE 48

Re: Investment/Retirement Adviser

Post by RED ZONE 48 »

Go to VANGUARD .COM and learn what your doing. Watch out for FEES on Any Investment , the Return will depend on What your invested in . A Roth Ira is just a holding instrument , and a Good place to Stock away some extra Cash for the Future, There is a Lot of learning to do. If you have a big enough nest egg Vanguard is hard to beat , Low Fees and Good people to work with.
Do your Home work and Don't try to Get Rich Quick or Fall for the Schemes. Good Luck.
CastTheFlats

Post by CastTheFlats »

Depending on your age I would definitly look into a Roth. You and your wife could pump a cool 5K each into that each year if you wanted. Non-deductible going in but tax free coming out. Most of the time you can expect a fee on the amount of cash you put in. It is good to call a couple advisors to see what there rates are. Very smart move on your part to start a Roth.
Check out Jeff Johnson with Seven Hills @ 850-219-6699 or Rick Theobald w/ Waddell & Reed @ 850-894-9950

Liam Callaghan
Stephen Cutright C.P.A
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

YA NEED ME TO DO YOUR INVESTING FOR YOU, I HAVE BEEN VERY SUCCESSFUL IN MY PERSONAL INVESTMENTS, I INVESTED IN
(ENRON), SUNBEAM, WINN-DIXIE ETC. I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO LAY DOWN A BUNDLE OF CASH AND END UP WITH ENOUGH STOCK CERTIFICATES TO DO THE ENTIRE WALLS OF MY HOME IN CERTIFICATES THAT ARE WORTHLESS. OH, I FORGOT THE GREAT MONEYTREE OVER IN BAINBRIDGE.
HAVE FUN, IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU DO , YOU WILL GET SCREWED. HOW COULD ANYONE LOOSE WITH THOSE GREAT FEDERALLY FUNDED THINGS CALLED FREDDY MAC, ETC.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Avant Financial is the investor my employer retains. I've had some great planning strategy discussions with George Avant re: 401ks, IRAs, etc and would recommend giving him a call. He'll certainly give some alternative ideas for saving and planning and expand your knowledge base as to the pros/cons of each option. I personally don't buy the insurance policies they push though.

Plus, he across the street from Barry I believe, so you can stop by and harass the brass of this site without much effort
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

FutchCairo you just invested with the wrong people ,,.Now if you had invested with CairoTrout @ South Georgia Outdoors he could have made you a lots retirement funds
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY SEA DOG, CAIRO TROUT WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THAT MUCH MONEY. IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN A TRAIN CAR STACKED TO THE CEILING TO HOLD WHAT WE LOST IN THE MARKET.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Lynn Hafman, Stultz Financial Group
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

I can get you 18-23% returns. Make the checks out to Cash and send them to me, Bernie Madoff, C/O Warden, FCI, Levenworth, KS.
lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Post by lonesouth »

Thanks for the input. We're finally setting budgets and actually planning for the future, something I've been avoiding.
850-273-8818
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Call Jeff Johnson at Seven Hills Financial Services. He is honest and LOCAL. (850) 219-6699

I was let go from a large engineering firm in 2008 and started my own business. At the time, my retirement funds were going down quick. Once I turned them over to Jeff and his associates, they have steadily increased in spite of the economy we are in.

- Steve Stinson